Live 8

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Live 8

Post by Ameena »

I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned this...how many of you chaps saw Live 8? And how many signed the petition thing? (live8live.com if you haven't done so yet!) I suppose different people may have seen different concerts who lived in different countries...still, between bands at the London one they've showed clips of what was going on at the time in various other countries...
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I saw bits of it, looked very good. Though I had to laugh at Bill Gates' speech, going on about the world leaders having a duty to fix their errors...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, l missed that. Way to go Bill.

Yeah, it was on in the background but really I kinda avoided it, no real intent just didn't watch it that much. We'll see over the weeks what actuially happens with the discussions, won't we
Wismerhill
Apprentice

Post by Wismerhill »

The Pink Floyd gig was awesome. I wish I was an english.
Wismerhill.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I saw some of it, the parts where my mom called me to tell me that someone exciting was on(Jet, Bryan Adams, and Simple Plan):mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I had to have a few of those
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

In 1984 the question on everyone's lips was would the Beatles reform for the Live Aid Concert. In 2005 the question is "Will the Spice girls reform". A sign of times me thinks.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Well... I think the question was: "Will Pink Floyd together again will do good?" . But they did their job. Awesome concert.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I agree 100% with Suule. Mentioning the Beatles in the same sentence with the Spice Girls seems like a travesty to me. Oh my, I actually just did that...
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Spice Girls was the one of the longest man-made disaster that occured. Along with Backstreet boys.
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Hey dont forget to give Girls Aloud some credit. Manufactured as well as awful.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Nice eye candy, though. Well one or two of them. If you like that sort of thing.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

you wanna listen good music?
www.italiandancenetwork.com
summer italo-dance hits 24h a day
I recommend this one !
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I've only heard one of the songs by Spice Girls(Stop) but obviously, they didn't do good. I don't understand why nobody likes backstreet boys though. They have 6 albums + Greatest Hits. I have all of those. And my favourite song is by them.