[Fixed for V0.40] Crash Copying Monsters with Items

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

[Fixed for V0.40] Crash Copying Monsters with Items

Post by L!ghthouse »

The editor crashes when you try to copy and paste a monster that is carrying an item. When I check the txt file after trying to save it, the txt file uses the same item reference as the one it copied (making 2 items with the same reference and 2 monsters carrying the same referenced item).
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Are you sure the problem was with copying a monster, not a chest (or was the monster carrying a chest!)?

I ask because there *is* a bug with the chest copying code (where a pointer is duplicated as you describe above), but the monster copying code is fine and works perfectly for me.

Anyway, I've fixed the chest copying, but can you let me know how to reproduce the monster problem (e.g. send me a 2 tile big sample dungeon with one occupied by a monster and all I have to do is copy and paste it from one tile to the other! - just in case it's something specific to the item / monster etc combination that you're using).
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

Post by L!ghthouse »

Grrr!

It just worked for me too. I was using a giant scorpion holding a gold coin if this helps?

There is something else too, maybe it's related... I can't add graphics nor sounds anymore using the editor. I have to add them both manually. Could this be due to the fact that my dungeon is about 16mb compiled? Or could it be due to the fact that RTCEditor is using about 438mb of memory when it runs? Or could it be that RTC is using 126mb when it runs? All of these are mysteries to me.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There does seem to be soemthign happening, even at low memory capacity...a small dungeon by...a person...loads really slowly on RTC and is only 1.7Mb