DM -> CSB

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
James202020
Novice

DM -> CSB

Post by James202020 »

Hi,

Is it possible to transfer your characters from Dungeon Master to CSB without the game auto selecting the difficulty if your characters are strong?

Thanks
-James
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

I wouldn't have thought so, you'd just have to use slightly less powerful characters!

It would be cool if you could combine the two dungeons, so that when you fuse Lord Chaos, it will open a teleporter to take you right into the start of the CSB dungeon, so you just have to keep on playing with those same characters (no saving/importing), until you complete CSB to win the double-dungeon game.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

No, it's only possible with auto-difficulty. There have been some threads in the past about this topic because I would like to have a manual difficulty selection available too, at least for the dungeon designer, although I'm very pleased with the auto-difficulty after it had been become balanced in a long, iterative process.

You can of course make your own custom DM-CSB-combi-dungeon, especially now that RTC V0.40 makes adding levels to a dungeon easier than it used to be.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As you are so fond of pointing out this would not be supported by the global hall of champions
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Beo: Yes of course, like all custom dungeons this would not be compatible to the global Hall of Fame.

However, if you don't take an overexaggerated (and quite boring) training session in DM, RTC (V0.38 or newer) will not make CSB too much more difficult for your imported characters, I think as things are now difficulty is quite balanced, not so hard it couldn't be properly done, and not so easy that it'd become boring.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.