(RTC) Theron's Quest Remix Demo

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Walter Mitty
Novice

(RTC) Theron's Quest Remix Demo

Post by Walter Mitty »

Here it is for download: http://home.comcast.net/~cburton98/onli ... q_demo.zip

I would appreciate any feedback you can give.

This is more inspired by Theron's Quest than a direct conversion.

Thank you whoever added RTC to the subject line as I forgot to. It was last compiled with 0.44.

And I just realized today that I included the .txt file instead of the readme.txt which is what I had meant to put in the zip file. This is now corrected.

I used the original game maps as a base as much as possible but changed some of the level setup and added some things here and there. It's my first go with the RTC Editor so it's probably a pretty crude design by more experienced standards, but I'm still learning how things work so I hope I can do a more complex and challenging game next time.

Backup: http://cid-5af78f9a064bada7.skydrive.li ... est-44.zip
Last edited by Walter Mitty on Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

Post by L!ghthouse »

Link appears to be broken. Too bad, I really wanted to check this out.
Walter Mitty
Novice

Post by Walter Mitty »

It should work now.
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

I ended five dungeons, and found three clan.
It was not possible to enter TOMB OF SARMON because RA key was not put.

Traps and the monster of graphic for DM2 and shoes that wanted to be changed were able to enjoy it freshly.
However, some traps and monsters think that it became easier. Did you do easily intending it?
The monster that defended CLAN and key was very tough. :)

Please do not forget to remove the test character from the completed dungeon if you allow importing.
It is related to the rate of increase of the difficulty of the import character.

If the dungeon is completed, I will play again.
Please forgive poor English.
Walter Mitty
Novice

Post by Walter Mitty »

I fixed the problem with the RA Key. I had deleted the monster that originally dropped it and then forgot to add it to a new one.

What about it did you feel was too easy? I know some of the puzzles are probably harder in the original. I have not played Theron's Quest. I don't know if it's because of Magic Engine or what, but I have the original Theron's Quest CD and every time I play it in Magic Engine my party suddenly starts getting fatigued and dying, almost like it's a copy protection mechanism kicking in. So, I used the maps of the dungeons as a reference and did the best I could in recreating some of the puzzles. Some of them I just didn't understand how they worked from the maps so I made up new ones.

I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully you can try out the one dungeon that you couldn't access and you can let me know what you thought of it as well.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I believe the party to monster balance is really easy, but then that is how the dungeon is, as lighthouse said!

So you can have Theron alone in the DM mummy room juist standing there taking it and killing the creatures, when in the original the mummy room can be a tough fight for the novice player
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: (RTC) Theron's Quest Remix Demo

Post by Lunever »

Hi!

Since I'm currently update and consolidate the custom dungeon lists here and at the Encyclopaedia, add version information and backup all dungeon data available, can I ask you a couple of questions here, in case your still around (yes I know its an old thread)?

It seems the TQ remix was made with RTC V0.44 - can you confirm that there never has been an update to a more recent RTC engine version?

Does the creation of the remix version have anyhting to do with the creation of TQ by Lighthouse, or are they independent from each other?

Last but not least - would you maybe be willing to provide source files for backup purposes? Of course it will still be your decision whether they would be just backupped nonpublicly or whether they could be released publicly.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.