Minor differences between RTC DM-II and original game

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Minor differences between RTC DM-II and original game

Post by Lunever »

I noticed that I can sell the armet and the torso plate found in the cementarys crypt, but not the foot plate.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Old issue: In high level difficulty it took quite some tries to survive retrieving the Ya-key.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

So, I played once more through DM2. Again I had the problem here that it took me several hundred tries to get through the void to Dragoth. Assuming that I'm not outright to stupid to play RTC, there has to be something wrong with the void bridge's timing, maybe after all it does not work the same way on different machines (or could difficulty level play a role there?). Specifically in about 49 of 50 tries it would not be possible to proceed past local coordinates 23,39,3 (Offset coordinates 58,57,3). On the remaining successful tries mostly Dragoth blocked the entry tile (seems you can't push him back with a OhKathKu, can you?), which in the result makes some two hundred tries to even begin to battle him. The north-south-aligned bridge ranging from local y = 42 to 40 almost never seemed to be in tune with the rest of the bridge, neither the route leading through y = 39 to 37, nor with the east-western-aligned bridge on local x = 23.
I can't really observe this closely for more than a a very short moment since there is neither a scout map implemented nor a ZoIrNeta spell like in CSB available (which might function as a suitable substitute for a scout map as long as it is not implemented). Can you maybe use some floor triggers to make sure there is a reasonable timing independant of external influences in order to cross that last bridge?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Uh, and by the way: Lizard archers can run out of arrows, but they fail to notice that fact - on a distance they just stay in their place and make arrowless ranged attacks, effectively becoming sitting ducks (sitting frogs?).
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

The Rockies for some reason let the furnace go out all the times and don't seem to be much interested in the monster attractors that are supposed to emulate a supply line for the furnace. Mostly they seem to get stuck in a queue in a dead end right south to the furnace and only rarely coincidentally actually get to the furnace. To keep the furnace burning I had to trap a poor Rocky with guard minions in front of the furnace - heavy labour.