Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Congratulations!

My cerberus likes me but he's not any closer to becoming fiery... :(
Inanity
Craftsman

Yet More Spoilers!

Post by Inanity »

Well, just don't get thrown off by the conflux2 forums, that's all I have to say - I'd said too much already.

By the way, I found out what "anger" the face wants. I actually got unbelievably lucky with trial and error, but it makes total sense - a classic type of item riddle - I forget if it was CSB or DM that had the riddle I'm thinking of, could be they both had a similar riddle.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Quest? There is no quest, there is a hint on how to get it, that retro-actively you can realises is a hint on the cerberus

Anyway, congratulations inanity! You can now see why many people have told others not to think about ti and it will come later

By the way, I think way back the fiery cerberus required nothing else for you to get it, whereas by conflux three it requires a specific item to acquire.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

beowuuf wrote:Quest? There is no quest, there is a hint on how to get it, that retro-actively you can realises is a hint on the cerberus

Yeah, I still don't know what hint everyone was talking about...
You can now see why many people have told others not to think about ti and it will come later
:shock: Actually, I was just thinking it might have never come if I hadn't thought about it... that's one of the things that confused me the most about the conflux2 posts. The posts that were helpful to me are found earlier in this thread, some by you (but not the ones talking about a dungeon hint).
I think way back the fiery cerberus required nothing else for you to get it, whereas by conflux three it requires a specific item

... was it the same way to get one, then? Sure would have been a lot easier. And wait... how does that work?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, it is very much easier to get it..and it works because it just did back then :D

And there is hint scroll somewhere, but it is really obscure - I will PM you if you don't work out which one

And as you may see from various conflux discussions, there seems to be one thing alot of people do eventually - so therefore, in conflux II they would jhave found the feiry cerberus when they stopped looking specifically for it
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Hmmm, maybe. Not sure I would have ever done it by accident conflux 3, though, but maybe I'm an exception.

In conflux 2, well... it sounds too easy. I suppose there must be a limitation that prevents one from getting it too early?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Only the logical one, and believe me it wasn't that easy since even in conflux II not many people got one!
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Do you think I'll find it if I totally stop playing Conflux until next version ?
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No :D
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

:? Too bad...
Anyway, I will bury my old party on this score :
Levels : (fighter,ninja,priest,wizard)
Asterix Le Gaulois (On, expert, Um, On) (Leif)
Myamoto Musashi Sensei (Um, adept, Um, EE) (Iaido)
Eddard Stark Winter Lord (On, adept, Um, EE) (Zed)
Maester Aemon Targaryen (Lo, expert, Um, EE) (Gando)
120 Points and a Lousy T-shirt
What Is Your Quest ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I'll try to release bugfix 2 tonight.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

:shock: So much for my free time :roll:

Question :
Is it possible in any version of Conflux (I, II and III) to use the "Make New Adventure" feature ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

No idea. Probably. Ask Paul if it doesn't work.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

I was so happy this morning.

I finally got a fiery cerberus. I won't say I figured out how to do it, because I didn't. What I did was throw everything I had at the wall until something finally stuck. I was almost disappointed by what ended up working. In retrospect, I would never have figured it out logically. The answer has nothing to do with cheating or not cheating that I can think of, and the only hint I found about cerberi was so obscure I can barely twist it enough to fit the answer.

Ultimately, I think the problem is not how obscure the fiery cerberus is, but that it was included in the point list considering how obscure it is. Another true secret was completely excluded from the contest and, as a result, I have not seen anyone asking about it in these forums. Either you found it on your own or you don't even know it exists. I think it should have been that way for little fiery too. Oh well.

What really made my day was, I figured out how to get the DM ending in Conflux. As an aside, Zyx, there's a typo in the endings. "X unique monsters slained" should read "X unique monsters slain", I believe. Maybe you can fix that before the bugfix II release...?

I was going to collect my final points, make it an even 175 and call it quits, and then Zyx sends me a PM saying I missed yet another ending! How many ARE there?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think it's a DM thing - it's not that it's logical, it's that there is somehting that most people would try eventually due to ...reasons

In conflux II this meant you found it - with the hitn that points to it, if you are i nthe right frame of mind to spot it (some lateral thinking puzzlers might jsut get it lookign at the clue)

Meanwhile, I guess conflux III has thrown a small wrinkle into the works, so it's not really that straightforward as there are no other hints.... so you are entirely right, it should have been dropped for III and left as a fun easter egg
Inanity
Craftsman

Extra keys and stuff

Post by Inanity »

Geez I sure have a lot of extra keys, considering I'm supposed to have done almost everything. I have more than a full bag each of iron and gold keys, about 6 emmys, 2 sar, 1 turqoise, 1 sapphire, 2 onyx... and I don't even have Iaido in my party.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

it is possible to waste keys in some places. The overabundance of keys ensures that the game remains playable.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Yeah, I know I avoided some of the key-wasting opportunities, but still... what's with all the iron and gold keys? I can explain the emmys easily enough (4 or 5 of them can be used to open a seemingly useless shortcut between the apprentice area (I think) and the top of the emmy forest stairs), but not the gold, iron and sar keys.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Think of it the other way, if you are trying to play the game fast, or had not explored as thouroughly and used up some of those keys, you would be stuck or having to spend time fruitlessly searching

Don't begrudge other players having good access to keys if they know where to find them!

And the shortcuuts aren't particularrly useless, allowing you to short cut back to the top until you know the shorter shortcuts :D
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Yeah, I like that you don't have to solve any riddle to beat the game, nor do you have to look for keys for ages. The greatest challenges of Conflux are figuring out what to do and surviving the monsters.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Yeah. The greatest challenge of playing any dungeon after conflux is getting a damn fireball spell right !
What Is Your Quest ?
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Need some help on my cursed items, just when I thought I was getting somewhere some items got cursed.Might need a little help on the open door spell.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Hehe, the "door spell" is not the door spell anymore, in conflux most spell are changed.
If you read the docs in conflux folder, you'll see the meaning of each rune.
"ZO" means death.
I won't say more than : there is a place to uncurse your items, it's supposedly in a holy place. A place of religious cult. You have to make an offertory their, but nothing too costly.
What Is Your Quest ?
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Me again, I was wondering why my skill levels wont go above artisan?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You need to open up deeper levels of each guild to allow your party to progress in that path
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Thanks, something to work on.I am to the point were i can not go any further. I will give it a try.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Thanks again I got two, but the priest and the sorcery make no sence, can you spare a few more hints, I would be greatful.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The priest one doesn't really make sense for the priests, but is a riddle you might find echoes one from The Hobbit. Try to think more natural and less artificial containers

The wizard one infact makes alot of sense - one of the items you need is very applicable to wizards, and very, very close at hand
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

I'd say that the priest riddle is one of my favorite.
It's one of those rare riddle you can only solve with a sudden flash of clever, tortuous thinking, because the answer is not as square and fair as expected...
Besides, the verses are really great :
"Boxes without hinges, keys or lid,
Yet vital treasure inside is hid"
It also gave me a clue about how to solve most riddles in Conflux : decompose and isolate significant words.
What Is Your Quest ?
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

It is me again, still working on the priest guild, got me stumped. I had a guestion about the canteen, every other time I have played conflux 2 and 3 there has always been food, but this time it is empty. is it a bug or do I have to do something? My people need food and I am out of foodstamps. ha ha. I will wait for a reply thanks a gain.