Upgrading to phpBB3

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It was the whole forums not him personally - I'll pm him I guess!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

This weekend I might find time to update to the latest security patch, but only for v2. I'm not doing a full upgrade at this time. I'll also install some stuff to stop spammers.

As I noted before, we WILL lose our current customistations if I do this. I simply don't have the time to work out what's different in hundreds of different templates files anymore. I can add back some mods after the update (quick reply for example), but only for subSilver -- it's too much effort to do it for three different themes.

We'll all be back on that old subSilver theme I'm afraid. Once we upgrade to v3 some point down the line, that's when I'll look at the new templating. We need to make this place secure as a priority.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Your efforts are appreciated.

Put the emphasis on reducing admin time dealing with this stuff, and sealing that security hole that they have identified.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

For all we know that was an ISP and nothing to do with our software!

And yes, your efforts are as always appreciated Mr Gambit sir!
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Indeed, your efforts are appreciated and I fully agree that security is a priority before the theme of the forum.