Starving

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Starving

Post by Lunever »

While I really like the fast and strong monsters when playing RTC at Archmaster difficulty, the ridiculous food drain simply unnerves me. It is not even possible to refill your food at the rat's room, the food is drained almost as fast as you gain it. To make up for this, you have to kill hundreds of rats just to have some drumsticks in your backpack again.

Please, George, is there any way for me to set this one feature manually?

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: Starving

Post by Lunever »

Hi George!

Before you release V 0.25 I have one request, that is important to me: For some time now, I have been playing V0.24 with my good old party which I want to retain as you know. But after playing for a short while I always interrupt and don't play for some days because food is low again I'm not inclined to kill the next 200 rats before I may proceed the actual game. On the other hand, restarting with a new party wouldn't be fun, because I like the game with fast and mean monsters, and having to play again with slow monsters seems boring to me now. Restarting with a high level of difficulty would bring up again the nourishment (patience at rat-killing) problem also. I mean, a game ought to be fun. Being kinda DM/CSB-veteran I would like to have continuos fun with RTC which is theoretical possible due to it's more powerful enemies, but that becomes spoiled after let's say a thousand rats. So please, George: Leave an option somewhere in the config to modify individual aspects of difficulty like stamina drain, food drain monsters speed, strength/resistance, etc. to be x levels above or below general difficulty along with an option to apply this for new games only or for current also. So players who don't mess with the config will not be affected by this, but players like me who would like to customize the game to suit their preferences would be able to do so without modifying the dungeon itself (which I think of as cheating). The general level of difficulty used for the Hall of Fame would have to be decreased or increased a bit of course, depending on how many aspects of difficulty you have lowered or raised, and how much so.
Is there any possibility to do this or anything similar to this?

Lunever.

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.