Help! can't open the zo-link!!!

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Help! can't open the zo-link!!!

Post by Gambit37 »

I decided to try DM2 again as I haven't played it for a while, and I never completed it. I've got to the Zo Link and am trying to open the portal, but whatever I do it stays firmly shut.

I've tried it the proper way by stoking the bolier and turning on everything which allows the fireballs and lightning shooters to strike the crystal. Nothing happens...

I've also tried it using the 'cheat' method where you use the Numen Staff on the Crystal. Again, nothing...

What's going on? Can anyone help? I think it may be related to the fact that the bolier keeps going out - how can I keep it alight?

I'm getting really annoyed, especially as those f***ing minions won't stop regenerating.... arrrfgghhhh...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Help! can't open the zo-link!!!

Post by beowuuf »

Yopu think those minions are bad now...around dargoth they are a ******** nightmare. I spend all my energy swattign them so I can get a run up at him!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ah! So if you've got to Dragoth, you've opened the portal! Tell me, tell me, how did you do it?????? Pretty pleaeeeeeeese.....
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

OK, not to worry - I finally managed it by placing guard minions around the boiler. I still had to fiddle with the two fireball launchers though so that they hit the crystal at the same time as the lightning....

Anyway, I'm finally in the clouds and trying to traverse the 'conveyors'. Not looking forward to this bit... :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, i saw your posting in the encyclopoedia first : )
If you don't know it, use aura of speed - oh ir ros - beautiful spell for that bits
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”