Yet another beta. :)

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+H@tchet

Yet another beta. :)

Post by +H@tchet »

I made another version of the beta, this time it looks a bit more like the original dungeon master, although still not quite exactly like it.. Anyways, just check it out. :)
-H@tchet

New version (http://resonance.lagworld.com/vc/DungBeta.zip)
+DAHstra

Post by +DAHstra »

Nifty demo! I tried to kill the characters by slamming them into the walls, but their points went into the NEGATIVE! eheheh The little bars started going down.. :)

That tune is catchy. Did you write it? It reminds me of playing the older Nintendo games. Maybe your next Beta could have a useless monster or two wandering around. eheh :)
Good work!
Jamison
ATARI EMULATION SUPPORT (http://dahstra.atari.org)
+H@tchet

Post by +H@tchet »

That tune is from the SNES version of Dungeon Master. (The best version by far, in my opinion.) I used Zsnes to rip the music out of it, then converted it into a usable format. Unfortunately, you can't see the walls in any SNES emulator, because of the lack of DSP2 chip emulation. :(
Oh, I also know about that negative HP "bug"; I haven't bothered to implement death routines yet. Also, did you noticed that slamming into walls from the back injures the front characters? ~_^
Expect that to be fixed in the next version, as well as newer dungeon graphics. As a bit of a teaser, here's a sample of what the new walls will look like:
+DAHstra

Post by +DAHstra »

I really want to try the SNES version of DM! I have loaded znes, snese, snes, but no one can do it. :-( The screen loads, but no walls, like you said. eheh Some emulators crash as soon as the doors open! eheh

Did you draw those new walls? They're neat looking! Very mossy..
Jamison