Gaining Levels

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Paul Evans
Novice

Gaining Levels

Post by Paul Evans »

With the original Dungeon Master, it was best to do your "training" lower down the dungeon. For example you were more likely to gain a level in the rat regeneration room (level 8) than in the screamer regeneration room (level 4). And it has been said that Level 13 was the best place to gain levels quickly. Does the same apply in DM2?

I do most of my building up at the Wolves den, dinocow(?) area and Axemen area. This is mainly because I don't want to be hindered by those poxy Minions
But what I am asking is, is it easier to gain levels higher up Skullkeep?
sucinum
Pal Master

Re: Gaining Levels

Post by sucinum »

i skullkeep, there isnt any real good traing area :(
i get 2 or 3 ninja levels when punching down all the tables found in one room. i dont train very much, i just kill axeman until i have enough cash to buy the best equipment, then i rush through. dm2 is too easy ;)
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Most of the best training is done outside of Skullkeep (in the thicket or caves). However, I have gained many levels inside the Void.
Harkonnen

Post by Harkonnen »

*FIGHTER training is the best in outside areas - dinos, wolves, axemen

* NINJA is best to throw heavy things against stairs - like the stairs in Small Castle (the area after Cemetery and Trees) - there are no minions.

* MAGE is best to train by casting ATTACK MINION and the MON of all attack spells, Fireballs, Lightnings.... Fireballs are best, they eat the least mana and new level is count from the number of spells and power of casted spells, not from consumed mana.

* PRIEST is best to train by casting GUARD MINION

* NINJA can be also trained along with PRIEST - ninja can use feet, hands, dagger and NINJA weapons to kill GUARD MINIONS conjured by PRIEST
Zelmo

Post by Zelmo »

I've long been in the habit of training in the thorn demon area. I will first train up my fighter levels by killing the thorn demons with conventional weapons. After my health and strength are built up, I start training ninja levels by punching the thorn demons or slashing them with a dagger. While I'm waiting for more demons to regenerate (as they will indefinitely), I cast whatever spells seem appropriate to build wizard and priest levels.
Of course, a side benefit of killing all these thorn demons is that I get a whole lot of steaks-- plenty more than I would ever need. I stay very well fed while training in this area, and the surplus steaks are taken back to town (a short walk) and sold for cash. I usually time it so that I've filled all my chests and bags with steaks and almost fully loaded two people's packs by the time that the green gem in the bat cave has reappeared, then I grab that and head to town to get rich!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Or you could cast a Carry Minion to take the steaks for you. That's what I do with axes in the Axemen area.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”