HMI driver update

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

HMI driver update

Post by Tom Hatfield »

This is an HMI driver update I put together for the PC version of DM2. It's based on the HMI driver for Anvil of Dawn. This driver update supports more sound cards than the DM2 driver. It also allows SoundBlaster PCI and Live! users to take advantage of the 8MB GM/FM synthesis built into our cards. This makes the music sound much nicer than the normal software synth.

To install, simply unzip both archives into your \SKULKEEP directory and overwrite any existing files. This will not damage your installation in any way. Run setup and configure your sound card as usual. If you're using a SoundBlaster PCI or Live!, select MPU-401 as the MIDI device and 330 as the port. (Make sure SB16 emulation is loaded and functional.) You do not need wavesets or SoundFonts to use hardware synthesis --- it's built directly into the card.

I hope this is useful to someone. I asked Christophe to make it available for download in the DM2 section of this site, but I'm putting the file here so you can download it immediately. Enjoy.

Well, it seems I can't upload the file. If you'd like a copy before Christophe makes up his mind, email me. I'm going to cross-post this in the DM2 forum.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: HMI driver update

Post by ChristopheF »

Blutch
Novice

Post by Blutch »

i unziped both archives into your \INTRPLAY\SKULKEEP directory and overwrite any existing files but when i launch setup, it say taht the setup.ini can't be located.
(if you wan't awser me in french ;-) )
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I did not try this update myself, sorry.