Conflux 2: Cursed party questions *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Conflux 2: Cursed party questions *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Post by Gambit37 »

Don't read this if you haven't yet played Conflux 2!!!

*** SPOILER ***

Zyx, have you tested the dungeon using the four cursed champions? Is it possible? Ive tried training them up to get their stats up, but I think the base stats are too low as I can't get any of their stats higher.

I'm intrigued to use this party as I want to find out what the Bone Doll is for.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I tried myself the maleficient guild and went quite far. But it is overwhelming hard for me, I currently blocked. As I warned in one of the txt files, this is the ultimate challenge, only for veterans/experts who know all the tricks!

With version i there is a workaround as you only need 3 members to obtain the doll. In the next version (j) you'll need the 4 cursed champions.

However there is a faint hope for the maleficient guild: go down and pray to the doll for salvation :)
Also, at the beginning, try to give new lives to these poor souls for a boost.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I had a better go at this last night after I posted my question. I'm slowly building up my stats and have got all the cursed champions to around 65 health. I hadn't realised the power of the bone doll until Beo gave me a clue. That helped a lot!

I will be playing the cursed game off and on over the next few weeks. I'll let you know how I get on!
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Zyx wrote: With version i there is a workaround as you only need 3 members to obtain the doll. In the next version (j) you'll need the 4 cursed champions.
So there is no chance to get this doll or something playing with normal heroes ? And what are these cursed champions - these in Lich lair or these three somwhere in dungeon and the one on the very begining ?

I will send you my save game, I am really exhausted with this dungeon. I think I am over with it. Thanks - great dungeon and... DAMN SHRIMPS :)
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nope, you need to start with them...you maybe need to know something about how 'theron' works to get them
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I read through this topic again and decided to start a cursed game. So far my guys have around around 130 health but there food and water go down about 4 times as fast so most of them are in the yellow or red perminantly while i try to find food. I haven't got a flask to cast stamina potions yet, thanks to some changes in version j i hadn't counted on. Also, because of their stats are all so low, it takes ages for for mana, health and stamina to recover, and i'm sure there are far more gigglers than normal, masses of them.

***Spoiler waring***

Zyx, I think the ascii thing in CSBWin can be used for cheating, you might want to ask Paul to remove it for the conflux version.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Yes, I was aware of it, I just hoped nobody would use it.

The "items remaining" options allow chetaing also.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

The trace features can also be used to 'cheat'. I discovered
this when I released my 3D2D1D challenge.

This is a bit like locking the gate after the horse has escaped
but I will disable these options when an encrypted dungeon
is being played:

1)Ascii dump
2)Timer trace
3)Attack Trace
4)Function trace
5)Monster AI Trace
6)Items Remaining
7)Non-CSB items remaining

Any others?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I used the ASCII dump in Conflux 2 in two places: to find out the health of the Sudden Death Snake and to find out the health of the Balrog.

I guess that's cheating... :roll: