Lord Chaos in DM2 ?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Lord Chaos in DM2 ?

Post by iUSTINE »

Hi !

It was many years ago, but when I played DM2 for the first time I read in some magazine that in one particular location in dungeon level before entering the castle there can be some 'secret'.

In fact, there was quite big closed by walls area in dungeon with AFAIR some odd graphics elements on the walls around it. But there is no way to enter it - and there is no editor for DM2.

AFAIR the author of this walkthrough had the idea, that in this area could have place the meeting of defeated Dragoth with Chaos showed in the ending sequence. Nice idea - but how to enter it without dm2 editor ?
When I played Wizardry VII without solution I was in so despair that I used some DOS trainer (something like Amiga Action Replay) program that helped me to 'walk through the walls" (by analyzing memory before and after a move I was able to identyfy what bytes of memory I should change to change location by 1 step) etc. But now I forgot how to do some tricks :)

So - where is The Chaos in Dm2 ? Are you sure HE IS NOT THERE... ?
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Highly doubtful -- there are tools to rip the graphics from DM2 and there are no images of Chaos in the resulting files... it's probably just some unfounded rumour.
gobleteer
Apprentice

Post by gobleteer »

Possibly you are misremembering, and thinking of DM 1? I have done stuff like that...

If not, i have no idea.
Sar Master - 1%
G! d- s:- a15>? c++++(+) UL-@ P>++ L+ E? W+++$
!N>++ o? K- W-(+++) O? M?>+ V? PS++ PEY? PGP?
T+++() 5-->? X- R+++ tvb++++ DI@ D? G++ e->* h! !r !y(-)

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”