Wrath of God

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dan

Wrath of God

Post by dan »

I'm a little confused about this... i've read about it, and i can only guess that it's the bit on the top level when you pull the lever and fireballs come out of the walls, going through umpteen teleporters, and into the area with loadsa demons. I seem to remember, however, that when i played this on my old Atari ST, the fireballs would die out, long before they got to the demons. how then, do you get it to work?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You need lots of iron keys and coins to switch the various walls open and various teleporters on. Have you done that first?
dan

Post by dan »

to be honest, its been years since i tried it out. Ever since I found this website i've been concentrating on beefing up my DM characters, because I didnt have that on my old atari, only CSB. But i'll give it a shot, and if i still cant get it to work i'll come back here...
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I don't think the Wrath of God has a limit on the number of fireballs it will shoot. But as Gambit already said: It is not enough to merely activate the fireball shooter at the top end of Neta, you have to activate a lot of teleporters and remove some walls by using many coins and iron keys on the appropriate locks. Do not however open the skeleton lock to the demon chamber, because that will allow the demons you intend to destroy by the Wrath of God an escape from their doom. If you fully activate the Wrath of God including the last lock you'll have an endless stream of fireballs scorching it's way directly through the demon chamber. This is really useful. Add a little invisibility and you can move around in the demon chamber freely without having to fight like a devil.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.