Vortex (RTC dungeon)

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Dark
Journeyman
Location: USA, Washington (West Coast, not DC which some people in Europe confuse us with)

Vortex (RTC dungeon)

Post by Dark »

:lol: Well I decided to make me a dungeon called Vortex, Its got some basic puzzles so far but willing to take any suggestions for any harder ones... so far I have gotten the first 4 levels completed with 2 custom monsters and 1 custom hero. Any Tips or Tricks please tell me, I am all ears... :D
Image ~Dark
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, play other dungoens a little and you will see some very nice tricks

pioson is good for short puzzles, anything by zyx is sneaky, and tower of chaos
otherwise depends on what you are using to create your dungoen - if it's PC DM, then get to know the actuators - they are like big and gates, so you can do sneaky thigns with them
if you are using csbwin, get to know the DSAs a little - you will thne be able to do anythign you can thinking of....

good tips - hard fights aren't one monster with lotsa hit points - it's maybe a few weaker monsters, especially in an unusual/awkward positon, or if they have a nasty ability
Dark
Journeyman
Location: USA, Washington (West Coast, not DC which some people in Europe confuse us with)

Post by Dark »

Thanks, and I use RTC editor
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

oooooh, RTC dungeon...excellent!

Then get to know the awesome power of simple counters and relays : ) Also, don't be afraid in the RTC forum to ask for something if you have a puzzle idea and the mechanics don't quite allow for it
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Yeah I like the RTC Editor because of the simplicity, And yes I won't be afraid to ask if anything goes wrong :D
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Updates: added another level and another monster, a couple of new items, and some new graphics as well soon to have some Concept art aswell :idea:
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Concept Art

Poison Slug

Mantis Fly

Gurgle

Floating Head

Slicer
Last edited by Dark on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Like the idea of the ***** *************...very evil and scary - you probably shouldn't have posted that actually - quick, remove it and scare people playing the dungeon! : )

Edit: Done and done, the perfet crime *rubs hands*
Last edited by beowuuf on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Done! and I didn't even think about it being a spoiler :P
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I saw it! Hehe... Cough, cough. Very chesty cough.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*Mental note: Paul knows too much*
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

*mental note : beo mustn't know that i know too much too*
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*Mental note: Must remember to check I have trousers on before I leave for work...I mean, Linflas knows that I know he knows too much, so he knows much too much now*
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

*Hires Hitmen* Lol but you won't know the difference :P trust me
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Updates 4/2/05:

Working on Store for the Beginning of the Dungeon, added soem more cistom portraits, added more new monsters and in the process of working on the main level of the game, level 3 which is 'The Vortex Level', Very confusing, added a whole bunch of custom sounds. That pretty much raps it up. More soon. :lol:
CURRENTLY HAVING TO RE-DO MY ENTIRE VORTEX DUNGEON AFTER MY HARDDRIVE FAILED ON ME... I only have the Graphics to START ON... >:(
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

I've Created some custom Portraits, feel free to use them yourself.

Portrait Pack 1
CURRENTLY HAVING TO RE-DO MY ENTIRE VORTEX DUNGEON AFTER MY HARDDRIVE FAILED ON ME... I only have the Graphics to START ON... >:(
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Ok, I've got some more teasers, Some of my Dungeon Music For Download made with Acid 5
Vortex Music
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

interesting stuff, sounds like dm2 ambiance : i always wanted to do this for a custom dungeon but without ogg or mp3 support i would have reached easily dozens of megabytes (which will be added to another dozen of mbytes for custom bitmaps) !
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Yeah they are pretty big files :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ooh, really like lost traveller's end! Theme 3 probably the most suitable, though I like 1 the best : )
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Thanks and yes I agree that temem 3 is most suitable
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Well tomorow I'm leaving for Denver, Colorado. Going there for a family trip.reunion, some people I wouldn't care to see. But that's life, I just bought a PSP last night and it's ready and charging for the trip, Only one game :( Dynasty warriors. So you won't see me for the rest of the week. I've packed up my dungeon and it's coming with me and my laptop, expect updates when I return or if I get any internet access.
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Well Turns out this Holiday Inn I;m staying at offers free Cable internet via Wifi, luckily I brought my Wireless card, so here I am with the internet. Any way on with my dungeon. Working on the SLICER monster and still on level 4. and thats pretty much it... Oh yeha I got Untold Legends for my PSP :D
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Back at my house Unpacking and all that Updates soon
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

UPDATES!!!!!! WOOOH FINALLY DONE! Now all I need are some volunteers to test the dungeon before I release it, on the forums.

Sadly Enough I've cut some monsters, The Gurgle Monster, The Slicer Monster, The Slug Monster and the Mantis Fly, But 3 are still in there. Addedd some more custom music. Completed last level including a cloned boss (Deth Armor) Pure Evil. This dungeon has 4 levels, level 1 is the shop, level 2 Vortex Entrance, Level 3 The Vortex, Level 4 The heart of the Vortex. hopefully this came together well for my first dungeon.

Story of the Dungeon
--------------------------
A cloaked figure stands at the entrance to one of the most evil dungeons that has been bored into the ground. He's only here to add to his own dark powers, to become the most powerful and evil entity known to the world. Only one thing stands bewtween him and his goal of total domination, The Vortex, and the master, who is Pure Evil. Pure Evil was once a human, he murdered, robbed, slaughtered anyone who got in his way. He died upon a wooden slab under the sharp edge of a Guillotine. His soul was never excepted into to heaven, so he made his own hell. Where he's trapped for eternity to grow more evil and powerful. "Should be easy" the cloaked figure muttered as he enters the dungeon...
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Umm Something happened... and now whenever I try and Compile my Dungeon it sys that there is an acess violation, I worked all of the warnings and errors out of my .tx file but still coming up with the same thing. It says I should contact GG with the diagnostic and .txt with a description of what happend. :( this makes me sad and angry :evil:
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Well, I was trying to copy my Dungeon to my laptop for a backup. Somehow the shared folders and stuff got mixed up and I ended up deleting my finished product and replacing it with my 2 week old copy. So I'm royally screwed as of now. I'm trying to use some file restore programs. but I couldn't find it. so this is a major set back I'll have to redo everything from 2 weeks ago. so hopefully I won't do a half- ass job. Why is it always my luck, I hate you Murphy and I hate your law :evil:
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i also lost all my desert wallsets after a hard drive crash, and of course i never had made any backup.

Murphy is everywhere...
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Yep I hate Murphy :roll: , :wink: but anyway to continue on...

I have made a list of to do's for the progress that needs to be Created again

Nothing=done
Last edited by Dark on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dark
Journeyman

Post by Dark »

Design For Ending Boss (Pure Evil)