"Crack Switch" graphic broken?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
lectricpharaoh
Neophyte

"Crack Switch" graphic broken?

Post by lectricpharaoh »

I recently came across the following problem in CSBWin, using the original DM dungeon. On level 4, coordinates 18, 29 (as told by CSBuild), there is a crack switch on the bottom eastern side of the wall. On pressing it, the graphic goes from an 'out' button to an 'in' button (or perhaps an empty crack; it's hard to say), but then the graphic jumps from the bottom of the wall to the top.

I thereafter edited the game, placing both an 'out' crack switch and an 'in' one on nearby walls. The former displayed at the bottom of the wall, with the latter at the top of its wall.

Is this a problem relating to the CSBWin engine (I believe the version I have for PC is the latest 'official' version, and the PocketPC version I have is the 30Nov04 one; the problem occurs identically on both), or to something in GRAPHICS.DAT? Or is there some parameter that specifies the location of the switch on the wall that the person porting the dungeon from the Atari ST to the PC missed? I seem to recall a crack switch in either the DM or CSB dungeon where the button was at the top; this was when playing on the Atari ST.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think it is a problem in the graphics.dat...I've heard it come up before, forget the solution or comments on it - you could search this forum with the search function and probably catch the thread
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

There's a corrected graphics.dat somewhere... too tired and hungover and to look for it right now.

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”