Silly Gamecube game prices at HMV

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Silly Gamecube game prices at HMV

Post by PadTheMad »

Has anyone popped into HMV lately and spotted the Gamecube section? They've got some daft pricing going on at the moment. I picked up brand new, shrink-wrapped copies of Paper Mario 2 and Tales Of Symphonia for £14.99 and £9.99 respectively. Mario Party 6 (w/ microphone), The Legend Of Zelda 4 Swords Adventures and Donkey Konga 2 are £19.99 and Starfox Assault is £14.99. Mario Sunshine and The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker are a tenner too!

I'm not sure if anyone else here owns a GC but if you don't you can pick one up for about £50 anyway. I'm thinking the reasoning for the pricing is either due to them scrapping the GC section (Woolworths did it not so long back), which is a shame because there are some decent games on the system - far more playable than most titles on X-Box and PS2, or because they let some teen loose with the pricing gun in the Preston branch. Either way, don't know how long these prices will last but it's pretty cool picking up 3 games for the price of one!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I think its because they seem to release 3 new consoles every year. My sister works for HMV so I can get a further 30% off all the prices!