killing vexirk

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
old man

killing vexirk

Post by old man »

i have sent in more then 100 attact minions nothing happen ???? pls help
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Are they dying instantly or just not attacking? Poison clouds and other such attacks through the grates to kill his party, then go one on one with the vexirk king himself. His staff needs recharged at the cauldron, get him to exhaust it then block his passage back to the cauldron. Really, attack minions should never be a substitute for going in there and whacking them yourselves - all that good mana could have gone into some good offensive fireballs!
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

I generally smack the vexirks with ranged attacks through the open gate, because they won't come out of that room. Wait until they're casting a spell and then attack; that way they can't dodge fast enough. You can kill the vexirk king this way, too, but it's a bit trickier. Those triple mon fireballs will waste anything.

Another effective strategy (which I have not tried) may be to line the entire wall with guard minions and then send in a couple mon attack minions to rile them up. The guard minions should do most of the work. Of course, one might consider this a "cheap" way of winning the most powerful weapon in the game. You really should have to work for it.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

there is a secret wall inside this room. you can put a table next to it to lock it off. this way, you can lock the vexirks out of the little part in the back and rest there. this is by far better than firing through the grate ;)
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

mon fireballs? unfortunately those powerful fireballs are actually UM fireballs, quite suprising for a low level type, but still, imagine if they were MON... >.<

as for my method? i use a solo character (as always) i tend to hang around the entrance, then when they open the door, i launch in several attack minions, and go around inside, also placing a few guard minions, just be sure to keep moving so the vexirks dont hit you... gosh i just love the 'breach and clear' method, always worked for me, S.W.A.T style ;) ...
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah they are three Um Fireballs, but that makes a Mon if they all hit you. And that hurts, waaah. I seem to recall we just blasted them through the open door since they never left the room.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”