[Not a bug] Light spell increases the brightness

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zibyx
Neophyte

[Not a bug] Light spell increases the brightness

Post by Zibyx »

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I get there, but a mail informed me of a new version of RTC. I downloaded it and started a new game.

After few minutes, my players were able to perform light spell easily, so easily that brightness increased so much that my view was nearly white. While in the original, after a certain level, light speel was useless.

Here is a screenshot of my party wihtout sunshades :)

[img]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5786/d ... ded4zn.jpg[/img]
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

This isn't a bug, it's the intended behaviour.

If you cast lots of light spells, what else would you expect to happen other than it get brighter! :wink:

BTW - this is covered in the RTC manual (both online and part of the download).
Zibyx
Neophyte

Post by Zibyx »

OK, sorry for this false bug report I was surprised of this behaviour that was not the same as for the original DM.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

No worries - virtually everyone mentions it as it takes them by surprise too! I'll leave this post here for future reference.

BTW - if you cast a darkness spell (which is pretty useless in the original game) then the light level will come back down again as you would expect. Also, the light level will come back to normal with time as the spell wears out.

If you're playing the RTC version of DM (rather than the "original version") then there's one other change that you'll eventually come across too. I won't spoil the surprise by telling you what though...