Favorite weapon in SS? (Spoilers)

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Favorite weapon in SS? (Spoilers)

Post by Sophia »

Having added a bunch of weird new weapons to the game using the improved 0.35+ mechanics, I was wondering what people really liked, thought was neat, would like a demo of how to do it, etc., and what everyone hated and thought was dumb. :)

That, and maybe more people will play it once they get wind of all the cool toys, so a bit of shameless promotion, too... :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

V***** *****s, the improved dragon spit, ZO bombs, giggler bombs and the axe of YA GOR come to mind, but of course I suck as a player and haven't founc the coolest stuff yet...well, except dragon spit and v***** *****s are pretty cool : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I thought you were about to release yet another version of SS, and I was waiting for it. So, should I play or should I wait?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Zyx wrote:I thought you were about to release yet another version of SS
I don't know! I may update it for 0.38 but it probably won't be anything particularly large, which sort of makes the whole update thing not nearly as necessary... or something. ;)

(Hey, you if anyone would know what it's like! :) )

2.0 was the big update, 2.1 was because I did something stupid in 2.0, and 2.2 was because RTC's "backward compatibility" ain't all it's cracked up to be and it needed a fix for 0.37.
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

Hmm hard to say what my favourite is...Maybe Spirit because its very nice not to have to swap to a vorpal blade. It would be even better (for me) if de/rephase was the first attack method for it...I often just click the bottom method and dephase it when I mean to attack.
Axe of Ya Gor is sweet too.
The Moon Halberd is nice for second row damage.
Incidentally, did you beef up the standard halberd for v2.2?
I only found one weapon with berzerk attack method...are there others?
I'd like a demo of how the sar sacrifice works.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I don't think I did anything to the halberd... I don't really remember, though. I made a lot of little tweaks. Maybe I did it without even knowing that I did it.

No, there's just one "Berzerk." It's special. :)

Anyway, the sar sacrifice is actually rather simple. I might still make a demo when 0.38 comes out but maybe this explanation will do: The sacrifice room is full of inactive floor triggers that are operated by a monster death cloud, and activate the alcove. When you swing the sar blade, the triggers are turned on, and then turned off 1 tick later.
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

That explanation is enough for me, cunning.
I first thought that maybe when you swing the blade it swap_local's the monster to one that leaves a special item. But it then it wouldn't matter if the killing blow was from the blade or not.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Yep, the Axe proved invaluble later on and I particularly liked the Spit, but I must say that the blue ninja star (sorry can't remember the name - I've had a lot on of late :() was pretty cool too! Although I did find that sometimes it goes through portcullis' and sometimes it doesn't... odd.

I never really used the halberds, mainly because I couldn't find a use for them, didn't really try to be honest :cry: (slapped wrists, I know!)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

North star, and that going through portcullis will be ninja evl dependant and probability too I think

Halberd attacks from the back row so you have extra attacks
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Also I think that George mentioned to have improved the engine's missile/portcullis-behaviour for V0.38
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, but you don't want it to be a dead cert the missle always going through...you've got to allow for a certain amount of cack handedness in low lever characters : )