Surgical Strike (stuck) *Spoilers*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Surgical Strike (stuck) *Spoilers*

Post by andyboy_uk »

Erm, I think Ive not even scratched the surface yet, but I dont know what to put on the alcove at "hail to the king" :( been playing a couple of hours and loving it, but a bit stuck now.

Any help much appriciated.

A
Regards,

Andy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hail to the king is actually a puzzle for much furter one...you will opribably encounter somehtign kingly...or at least large...that has a royal object. For now find other paths! That means looks for keys, if you are very stuck you've either missed a plain door than might be vulnerable or a false wall somewhere otherwise dead end seeming
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Aha, excellent, thanks beo. Back in I go :)

A
Regards,

Andy
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Ok, so I went back in and Im pretty sure i have been everywhere that I can now, I still have a spare iron key and a cross key, but im of course missing something. I have tried falling down a load of pits and up and down stairs, done the whole stick to the left wall trick, that doesnt seem to get me anywhere.

Im stuck. :(

Can anyone help?
Regards,

Andy
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Ive found the diamons shaped key hole, the skeleton, an emerald (in supplied for the slow). Ive been climing down every pit i can find. :( help

There is a black door with two faces either side of it and a door in the skeleton room that i cant get to budge. I just hit them with enough fireballs to lay waste to a continent.

:oops:
Regards,

Andy
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

wait .. hold that thought, i just found stairs that go down to a giggler blokey. i havent seen them before so it must be a new ares. :) sorry about the whining :)
Regards,

Andy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, you just have to keep exploring. Lots of doors are actually short cuts back from areas
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

andyboy_uk wrote:There is a black door with two faces either side of it and a door in the skeleton room that i cant get to budge. I just hit them with enough fireballs to lay waste to a continent.
Keep in mind the meaning of faces of chaos surrounding a passageway and ask yourself if you really want to go in there!
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

damn right i wanna go in there :D I want to kick some demon ass :D
Regards,

Andy
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Ok so I killed some knights and got a winged key, found the blue dragons but cant help them yet it seems, im looking high and low for the locks to the doors, still got the cross key and the iron key and no luck finding the doors.

Can I get a nudge in the right direction pweeeeeeeeze

A
Regards,

Andy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The very very first place you teleported to with the long range teleporter - had a few doors...needign a few keys : )
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I opened the 2 doors with the iron keys. I opened the gold lock up the stairs, Im going in to have a play to see if ive missed something :)

[edit] Well I had another look around and I cant see anything more I need to open. There is a door i cant get to across a pit and there is the pad beyond a pit with the fake wall to walk round to it which I have activated. Im lost :| But i am enjoying it[/edit]

A
Regards,

Andy
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Ok Sophia, ive just found the X door and how to get through it, hurrah a new bit.

Im starting to dislike your devious mind. In a good way I assure you..

:) Kept me searching for ages that did.

@ beo: Thanks for the pointers, got me back on track. Im sure I will be back with more problems later.. hehe
Regards,

Andy
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Oh, you think that's bad, and that's just the beginning part... ;)
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Full respect for the ejector seat :) loads of fun.
Regards,

Andy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I've been playing this finally today! Got a fair way in, but now very stuck.

Need a hint for the "one and on" riddle. Also, is the answer placed on the alcove?

Why does an invisible Homer keep wounding my party?

I have two topaz keys but no locks to use them on.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Invisible homer - you are right beside a secret area i think....fight homer then go on through

one and on - i don't know what that is....which area?

topaz keys you will find the locks...

For being stuck - keep checking occasionally for walls and pits that might not be as they seem, or even just having missed an area to walk to!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm getting rather annoyed at the randomness of tiny buttons and switches that open up paths back or appear to do nothing. I guess it would be more obvious if I had mapped, but I didn't so it's a bit of a pain. I don't really like dungeons like that, so it's hard to enjoy...

Anyway, I got a bit further and now have the first master key after the furnaces. Not sure where to go now!

"One and on" should have been "One and One equals one, etc..." -- in the secret area right next to homer. I can't find it again!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The random buttons actually aren't, but mapping is a good idea. It's a large dungeon, buttons tend to open ways close, or open ways back which allows for short cuts, but of course means that if you aren't mapping in your head you are going ot loose yourself. I'm bad at mapping but managed to find my way ok

You just need to open the other doors like the one you got the first master key from, in order to free the dragons. You should also be able to find the route to the tower too

Oh, right...hehe....put the scroll in your hand and click on it...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Got a bit further -- the twisted door is still preventing me from passing through, does this mean my game is screwed?

In the corbamite mine, I got the second cross key but now the path to the lock has a closed gate. I've done the later parts (energising, storage and excavantions), but never found a way back to the cross key lock. Is this a problem?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Gambit37 wrote:Got a bit further -- the twisted door is still preventing me from passing through, does this mean my game is screwed?
No, even if it is totally messed up and blocks you, it's just a bonus area. The game is still solvable.
Gambit37 wrote:In the corbamite mine, I got the second cross key but now the path to the lock has a closed gate. I've done the later parts (energising, storage and excavantions), but never found a way back to the cross key lock. Is this a problem?
No, I don't think so. Poke around the area and see what you can find. There is a new spell (that is, in SS but not DM) that can make this area much easier.
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

What is the latest version of SS?
I don't remember a twisted door or homer?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

They are unrelated

There is a twisted door in the furnace. There is a creature that has a homer simpson related sound for attack
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Sriously stuck now. I've opened up some bonus areas (shops & pens) via two emerald locks (I think). But I can't see where to go now.

I have two master keys. I need to open the door to the Nightmares (did it in a different save game), but in this game it's locked and I haven't found any more sapphire keys.

I'm simply running around in circles! Help!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Anyone help out a lost boy?

I found Homer and had a good old chuckle. Nice! Gives me something to nibble on when lost in the dark depressing dank dungeons of despair and diapers.

I'm upstairs past the ejector seat for the umpteenth time, but this time trying to solve the 4 riddles by the ornate gate. Only got the square meal so far... couplahintsmaybe for the others?

Hellion has flared up and caused some new grief here and there...

Ooooh, and with a new 0.42 GG gave me, the Dragon Spit now works proper like! Sweeeeet!

Beyond this, I'm sooooooo stuck -- have done furnaces, corbamite mines, ore storage, excavations, pens, shops -- have two master keys, but no topaz for the one near the ejector seat and no utter freaking clue of where to go next...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Anyone? :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

sorry, been too long to remember where they all are! : (
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Gambit37 wrote:Only got the square meal so far... couplahintsmaybe for the others?
They're word games, usually. Try taking them a bit more literally. :)
Gambit37 wrote:Beyond this, I'm sooooooo stuck -- have done furnaces, corbamite mines, ore storage, excavations, pens, shops -- have two master keys, but no topaz for the one near the ejector seat and no utter freaking clue of where to go next...
There are three topaz keys in the game. One is upstairs from the Sar Altar, which connects back to the scorpion den. The other two are found in the scorpions' den proper, in a couple of different directions. There's also a secret area or two to be found here.

If you need a more specific pointer, feel free to ask. :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

But that's just it, I'm pretty sure I've cleared out all these areas and haven't found anything new there. I'm just getting twatted by hundreds of ghosts or worms all the time. Unless I map, which means starting over, I don't really know where to go next.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is a third spoiler thread I archived a while back, you can still follow it through the dungeon list up above....skim it, or else you could spoil some later puzzles