Cannot log on!

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

Cannot log on!

Post by Guest »

Hi there,
I registered to the forums some time ago under the name andyp3001, but after changing only my e-mail details (I thought I was getting spammed), I found that I cannot log on, with some message about contacting an administrator to re-enable, which was a bit difficult as I could not log on. Can any of the hierarchy help me and get back "on-line" with the forums? I just changed my e-mail detail, that's all!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Strange security precaution for changing an e-mail address! You are now re-enabled! Sorry about that, dunno what caused it!

As for the spam, unless something goes wrong with the mass mailing system, you will not get spam mails from us. Do't know of any instance so far where that has happened yet.

It's more likely for poor cows to get tons of spam from returned bad e-mail addresses infact!
andyp3001
Novice

Post by andyp3001 »

Thanks Beowuuf. I changed to a different mail address (for all forums, as well), as my normal one seemed to be getting spammed with "people saying hello" soon after I registered with the DM forums. Just a precaution I guess. I've no doubt the DM forums is very well looked after by the various denizens in here!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I found that my secure hotmail address that I only gave out when looking for work two years ago suddenly started getting spammed. I suspect that spambots sometimes spam random addresses, and anyting not rejected is counted as a valid e-mail address and starts getting passed around :(

Anyway, welcome back! :D