hello and thankyou

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Black Eagle
Journeyman

hello and thankyou

Post by Black Eagle »

just wanted to say RTC is a fantastic editor and i have spent many hours toying with the possibilities before going on to start a dungeon of my own. storyline is nearly in place and there are some cool areas already. just need to get used to counters and relays now!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

It's excellent that you have the story done first, in my opinion. As you play with the engine, you learn of its possabilities, and you can then tweak the story a bit as you go. Now the hard work starts, good luck!
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

cheers. to be honest i just started messing around, then thought "that would be a good idea" or "it would be cool if i put this in" - then i did a really cool level which has governed the whole storyline in my head. i just need to pad it out now and do the rest of the dungeon. ive already got one custom monster in. i want to make a nice big dungeon that keeps close to the story all the time - Conflux 3 watch out! lol!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Are you building a classic lo-res dm dungeon, or doing new hi-res graphics?
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

classic. using all stock graphics (DM/CSB and DM2) - DM2 interface (like inventory, panels etc) because it looks a little more polished than DM. im not an artist at all - is there a resource somewhere with custom graphics that people have done and are willing for map makers to use? ive seen the thread with the photos of models but like i said im no artist and wouldn't be able to make anything with them.
the storyline is intended to unfold as you play - always giving clues and riddles ahead so it tantalises your imagination as to whats going on
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ooh this sounds interesting...well, anything with the word "riddles" in it is likely to attract my attention, really.
Something you could try doing, if you want to acquire new monster images but don't have the time/inclinatin to do them yourself is to maybe ask someone else nicely and see if they're willing to help out. As far as I know there isn't any kind of thingy anywhere with a bunch of random, custom monster piccies in it. But some people have turned out some pretty nifty-looking beasties over the past few years for various dungeons.
I would offer in that regard myself, but sadly my skills lean more toward the verbal (hence the title) than the...umm...picturey ;).
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm making custom stuff for my own adventure but having nothing to share until after it's released. Sorry!
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

lol thats ok. there's plenty of material included with RTC to keep things varied. its just so tempting to go through the RPG games i have under STeem (Atari ST emulator) and 'borrow' a few monsters. i recognise a few that Zyx put into Conflux 3 and what a cracking job he made of it 8) i may be putting some portraits from Theron's Quest in there too... not given it that much thought at the moment
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Actually, those monsters in Conflux 3 were supplied by me... I did all the work of ripping and re-colouring. ;-)

There is a zip file floating around with all that stuff in it, but the link is no longer available. Let me know if you'd like a copy, but obviously, since Zyx has used most of them now, if you were to use them in anything people will connect them to Conlfux which probably isn't what you want.
Black Eagle
Journeyman

Post by Black Eagle »

my apologies - what a cracking job you made of it Gambit. :D i recognise the little elven chaps from Knightmare. im not too happy with the DM2 monster graphics as they are way too cartoony and do not fit in with the DM/CSB monsters/graphics. TBH im not too fussed about unique monsters - im going to put most of my effort into an enjoyable and challenging dungeon with an absorbing storyline than putting new content in (Although ill put new stuff in where i can - im tempted to render some corridors using POV raytracer and have some new walls.... ;) )
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There's nothing to stop you doing a conflux - gettign the important bones using existing graphics, with an eye to updating it graphically and tweaking gameplay with a new release down the line