combining objects

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THOM
Artisan

combining objects

Post by THOM »

can anybody give me a clue how to use the combine action?

I thought it works like: giving 2 objects something in which they converse by combining and having an action_object somewhere in the dungeon, which defines the to objects to be combined. but it does not work when i put both objects into right and left hand. Must I trigger that action somehow? and how can I do that if I am searching for the effect that something should be conversed just if used?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The action object mist be activated

You can do a check by having each item activate the combine action object when equipped in the hand.

Alternatively, you can have the objects possess a combine action, or create a combine spell, that when activated will do the combine object check
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

God idea.
But sadly Iam not able to trigger the actionpad. Connecting an action with an object that is equipped does not seem to have any effect. (action_combine works but I don't know how to trigger it correct). Have I missed something?
Last edited by THOM on Sun May 25, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, wait, if i recall i found a bug/feature of RTC right now - additional actions are not triggered unless you infact have the original item swap aswell!

So in the convert equip menu, you would need to have the item swap to itself, in order for the action to work

I need to report that as a bug at some point!
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

Thanks !

After I also added a relay inbetween the mechanic to do a delay of 1 tic it works now.

Great Beo.

(And yes - this bug has to be reported... ;-) )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

THOM wrote:(And yes - this bug has to be reported... ;-) )
Please open a new thread in the RTC Bugs forum with a clear description of the problem -- I'm not sure I fully understand the above. Thanks.