Request for a special graphics set

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Bit
Arch Master

Request for a special graphics set

Post by Bit »

Is there any (probably RTC) graphicsset available that uses truecolor and hiresolution, but keeps original proportions? I'm about to run the first hires-tests in my clone (so not with RTC!) and could need such a set. The clone uses the standard DM/CSB-files, but I need as much graphics as possible to check the behaviour of all drawing routines. A wallset and the one or other item and monster would be welcome.
After that I can decide which graphic-groups can take a pure graphic, and which need an additional mask-graphic. Thanks in advance.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Re: Request for a special graphics set

Post by cowsmanaut »

I don't think anyone has done the full set of items, or monsters.. spells in true colour. Though pulling from multiple sets? I think Gambit did all the item icons at some point, I saw some very nice walls and floors from Linflas, and both of them had a variety of monsters that were unique but perhaps a enough similar ones to make up a full set?

The early set I tried for RTC long ago is poor to say the least.. though I was proud of it at the time.. and is still in complete. The newer one is DMjava proportions but still only walls. Perhaps some modification, photoshop has a "Distort" tool under the transformations which I used to modify my first set to match with DM java as the basis for the new set. (yes the old set was the under frame for the new one) So I imagine the reverse would be much the same.. though as I discovered while doing it.. a little tedious. :P
Bit
Arch Master

Re: Request for a special graphics set

Post by Bit »

It's not necessary to have full sets, even quality doesn't matter, it's for some tests only.
The only thing that matters are those things that need extra masks like doors do, or even walls.
In most cases one of the colors is used as maskcolor, but not in all.
I'll probably use the original ones then and change them a bit (best some lighting effects), just to see if the include and the drawing works. We'll see.
Still try to get a proper software-design that allows to adapt that all to CSBwin. But there grows an idea.