(fixed) Crash on start

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Beastman666
Journeyman

(fixed) Crash on start

Post by Beastman666 »

Hiho,

when starting the 4.0 game it crashes (3.9 worked fine on same computer). Content of logfile is:

INIT: Parsing configuration file
INIT: Using gamedir D:\Downloads\DM Clones\Dungeon Strikes Back\DSB\dungeons\dm (base:0)
INIT: Using color depth of 32
INIT: Starting FMOD
INIT: Triple buffering unavailable or disabled.
PROGRAM CRASH!
Reason: Segmentation Fault
Stack Dump:
DSBmain
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Crash on start

Post by Sophia »

Try this new exe.

Between 0.39 and 0.40, I changed the graphics initialization code in order to allow switching between windowed and fullscreen on the fly, instead of just selecting it from the ini file at the beginning. For some reason, this only works if the program starts in windowed mode, and then immediately goes fullscreen if you want to play fullscreen. Doing it this way worked fine for me, but I'm not sure about the Allegro internals so I don't know if it'll work for everyone. So in this new version, I am more careful, and check some error values and re-assert some pointers that I just assumed were ok previously.

Hopefully this should work for you. If all else fails, I also added a new option to the ini. Put "ModeSwitch=0" under "[System]" in the ini to completely disable dynamic switching between windowed and fullscreen and go back to the old (and working) initialization procedure. You won't be able to switch between windowed and fullscreen on the fly but at least the game will work again.
Beastman666
Journeyman

Re: (fixed) Crash on start

Post by Beastman666 »

Works :-)