[RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
lbk
Craftsman

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Post by lbk »

Chaos-Shaman: I do not remember this part clearly, I feel the ruby key
Spoiler
is behind the door next to the screamer inlarger. As I remeber there is some sort of door you need to take care of and then there is a pressure pad you need to place an object on to close the pit in front of the door.
Spoiler
I am not sure what the solid key you can steal from the thieves guild is used for, but it is not this.
There is an altar of VI in the castle, but shouldn't you only have 1 party member at this point?
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I have all my new members still with me. I now have the ew and bro runes. I feel they are just a drag on the available food. This question is for Adamski. Was the game designed to keep the players alive? If not, when do I shed them?
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

Do the ladders have to be done in the number order? Is ladder 3 intended to be done last?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hmmm .. lbk, i have those green trees, used em on all the green pads found... i can't see a green pad i neeedski to try and toucha
keep your gor coin handy
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Chaos-Shaman: I might be misunderstanding the part that you are at. From your description, I believe that you are
Spoiler
in the room with the shrinking machine. If you are staning directly in front of the shrinking machine, you are looking at the ra door, then turn around you should see a haze. If you throw something into that haze it should close a pit that is next to the shrinking machine, you need to go through the door that you can now reach because of the closed pit.
Hopefully that is more clear.

Glecko: I am fairly sure that the ladders do not need to be do in any sort of order. Also, I never had any food problems with 4 people.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

My food problem may be related to the slow pace that I must be going at. I seem to find enough food to barely keep everyone out of the red. I now have the ew and bro runes and am adventuring in the sewers. I really could go anywhere now. I want to do all the riddles etc. This game is great fun !! It is way to difficult to complete without these hint/spoiler pages. An organized manual with hints could make it commercially. It would also support a web site! The best game ever on rtc. The game rivals the originals in many ways. Actually It may eclipse DM2. Especially with the mini additions. What does it cost to bring a game to market using todays resources. A fraction of what it cost to launch some of the major commercial successes and flops. Myspace, twitter, etc. Plus some of the other social and b to b networks. Packaging and printing become your major expenses. Advertising really has become sweat equity. Just a large commitment of time by a few clever and enterprising people. I believe adamski has that end covered. I ramble, but This Game Rocks!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

To be commercial it would need to not use someone else's engine and graphics!
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

That is open for debate. The graphics part is more easily accomplished. The engine part is debatable. Why couldn't the engine be licensed?
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

thinking about it more, is the engine copyrighted? Isn't it now part of the public domain? I am not a lawyer. I do not know the answer. But, it seems that one could find a practical means to an end. Niether issue seems insurmountable. Initial funding would probably not be unreasonably high. It would take a leap of faith and the spirit of an entrepreneur. And the "straight cash, homey." to quote the great american philosopher, Randy Moss.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

In general it could be, but for this particular engine I just doubt it would be, hence my comment. Still, that's beyond the scope of this thread.

Edit: My answer was was to do with the original post which asked if the programme could be licensed. Since then, the above post has been changed to talk about 'cdopyright' and just taking someone's programme. My answer is not 'yes, in general steal implicitly copyrighted material'
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

Sorry about the off thread rant. I am not experienced on boards. Where is that discussion supposed to be? I am having some problems getting through the sewers. I have used
Spoiler
2 of my 3 onyx keys.
I am having a struggle acquiring enough food to keep my entire party alive. I am at a point where I am questing only for food. Where are the seemingly random rats and screamers coming from. It occurred to me that I might have been better off saving a cheese round. Do they work to
Spoiler
attract rats?
I can get back upstairs but I cannot get outside the tower. What is the meaning of the
Spoiler
baby screamers and the baby rats?
Do they grow up to be harvested?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You could start a general discussion on a new thread in this forum, or a specific RTC one on the RTC general forum.

Can't help with the sweres I'm afraid, still not that far through! :(
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Glecko: The sewers require
Spoiler
4 onyx keys to complete
. I do not know if the small screamers grow into larger ones, but smaller and larger ones do appear in that room with the vi alter. (It would make sense that the smaller ones become larger ones, but I do not know). I am fairly confident that
Spoiler
moldy cheese will attract rats, but I do not know if the regular cheese does
. You must solve the sewers riddles to exit the tower.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I am having a problem locating
Spoiler
the 4th onyx key. Can someone list the hints for these keys
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Glecko: I cannot remember where all 4 keys are, but I remeber that the 2 difficult ones (In my opinion) were obtained by
Spoiler
solving the water pressure room and going through the door that had 2 gold key locks.
If either of those are the ones you do not have, you can try searching this thread for some helpful hints as to how to get them.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

i gots the ruby key, i dunno where'd i kneed two gho next, not spend time enough solve have i
keep your gor coin handy
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

It seems that adamski has taken his leave. I sincerely hope not. I am stuck!! in the sewer with only 3 onyx keys. Is that possible? I cannot remember where I found the onyx keys. I remember a
Spoiler
fishman.
I think I remember the
Spoiler
gold key
. that is all. Please can anyone give me a hint? Where was the hall with the
Spoiler
gold key?
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

glecko: Try reading this post on onyx keys, it has where you find 3 of the 4 onyx keys and the thread goes on to discuss the 4th one. You should try seaching the thread to see if your question has been discussed before.

chaos-shaman: The ruby key is used
Spoiler
to obtain the clan key piece for the wizards guild, in the basement room with all of the spell scrolls.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I do not remember a
Spoiler
flying demon
. I am not sure about the
Spoiler
golden key
. If I did not get the
Spoiler
onyx key
from the
Spoiler
Golden key area
, would I get trapped in a deadend?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

glecko wrote:thinking about it more, is the engine copyrighted? Isn't it now part of the public domain? I am not a lawyer. I do not know the answer. But, it seems that one could find a practical means to an end. Niether issue seems insurmountable. Initial funding would probably not be unreasonably high. It would take a leap of faith and the spirit of an entrepreneur. And the "straight cash, homey." to quote the great american philosopher, Randy Moss.
The engine for RTC belongs to George Gilbert and he alone decides how it can be used. You might want to check out these threads:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=28239
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=28548
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

glecko: It is very hard to get to a dead end in this game, if you did not do the golden key puzzle you can just go back and do it now. It is in the sewers somewhere, I do not know exaclty where, but if you wander around for a while I am sure you can find it.
Spoiler
Remember it is behind a fake wall.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Gambit37 wrote:
glecko wrote:thinking about it more, is the engine copyrighted? Isn't it now part of the public domain? I am not a lawyer. I do not know the answer. But, it seems that one could find a practical means to an end. Niether issue seems insurmountable. Initial funding would probably not be unreasonably high. It would take a leap of faith and the spirit of an entrepreneur. And the "straight cash, homey." to quote the great american philosopher, Randy Moss.
The engine for RTC belongs to George Gilbert and he alone decides how it can be used. You might want to check out these threads:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=28239
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=28548

Glecko, you changed your post without highlighting that fact. You were talkign about licensing before when I answered, not talking about just stealing intellectual property and programme to make money!
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I wasn't talking about stealing anything. The subject was hypothetical. I wish I had the ability to do somethingt like adamski did. My value would only be as a hired grunt.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

is adamski o.k.? does anyone know him? He said he was into D and D. Still don't have a clue as to his reason for picking up his ball and taking it home. Very disturbing. dramatic. Melodramatic. I hope he comes back. By far the most interesting games to come along in a great while. Maybe , ever. I do not know how these forums work. I apologize for jumping around so much. In the end , everything gets read. I think.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think he was just annoyed he redid the first mini-dungeon and no one instantly played it.

And no, not really, he mentioned his dungeon about two years ago, disappeared, then came from nowhere to deliver it this year.

Edit: Anyway, probably not the best idea to discuss this in the thread. Since no one knows anything about it except what is typed, all that anyone can express are their own personal opinions that have no relevance whatsoever. At best they would distract from the game this thread is for, and at worst would lead to a flame war that would sour this entire game thread.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Stay on target! Stay on target! Er, topic...!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ok .... topic

ahhh, i got to playing some more, solved some more puzzles, and this is where i am now, not really too sure on what to do, takes time to remember. maybe it would be a good idea if there were a few maps in the game and some hints. i find it pretty tough going, and loving it very much. i could not believe the similarities that admaski has to the dungeon i'm building. hats off to adamski.

items.... elven pipes, magnifier,3 ir keys and iron and cross that seem important, two tec eyes, some other things, i can't remember yet heh, i need one more clan key

door that can't be locked picked without a guildmaster,can't find the ew rune, and and, well that's all i can remember
keep your gor coin handy
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

What is the trap in the wax museum? it must have to do with the littlle robin hood creature in the mirror. He runs out of arrows.
Sealtiel
Craftsman

Post by Sealtiel »

Yuck, I had to go for over a month without getting to play this & now that I'm back I'm having a hard time remembering what I was doing. Anyways, I finished the gems level (which was an exercise in frustration) but now I'm wanting to go back & do the big circle riddle. I have some of the pieces, and I can see the picture that is probably supposed to help solve this; but the problem is that I don't know what to do with them. Plus I'm having a hard time figuring out what one of the items is supposed to be a picture of. It looks to me like
Spoiler
bread
, but I could be wrong.

If I could get any help in figuring this thing out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm wandering around again since I've mostly forgotten where anything is.
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Sealtiel: The big circle riddle is very hard, as I am not sure where you are at in it I cannot help you to much. But what I can do is give you some hints:
Spoiler
Yes, one of the objects on the wall is a piece of bread. If you look closely you will notice that it is not ordinary bread. I consider that particular piece of the big circle riddle to be the hardest.
If you have not found the 4 leaf clover yet, I would suggest that you look for that. It is a great help.
In the picture, each piece will give a clue to the next one. With the pictures on the wall figuring out what needs to be done is a lot easier.
Good luck.