Luck in CSBwin and DSB

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Luck in CSBwin and DSB

Post by Adamo »

How does exactly luck skill works in DSB and CSBwin?

When I opened Joramund`s DM in ESB, I noticed that "luck" value is always set to 40 (400) for all characters. Is that proper? For what I know from Encyclopedia, these values differs for many characters: from 25 for Boris (actually 35, because he has Rabbit`s Foot, wchich adds some mana when hold) to 60 for Wuuf.

Can you give exact description of that skill? What does it do? What is the max amount and what happenes when luck = 0?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
zoom
Grand Master

Re: Luck in CSBwin and DSB

Post by zoom »

it is sure ly no exact description.
But when luck =0 then happens the same like when luck is , say 23 or 59.(any other number, value does not really matter)

Luck gets decreased
when you use it
(when the luck-check helps the character to score a hit in a situation when he(she otherwise would have missed.
So the champion makes an attack, misses, and then luck - check can make this miss into a hit! But luck gets decreased that way. )
luck increases when this chance to hit a monster(the luck-check) has failed. You missed an attack and the luck -check missed also. Then luck gets increased.

So all in all luck meanders up and down.. I guess on the long run luck does not really matter/(different stats from different champions
Do myself not really see the point in cursed items, since the luck would anyway change and in the end level out...could be that the cursed items deduct/substract from the check in another way than the pure luck - stat of the champion. Afterwards perhaps..

Anyway.. I think dsb is more or less same than csbwin. But who knows? There was a site on diannepaul net where all of this was described, or so my memory says. But could be deleted or moved very likely.
Qwerty
Apprentice

Re: Luck in CSBwin and DSB

Post by Qwerty »

I'm not sure how Luck work in DSB(of course, original DM too).
So, I assume that Champion's Luck is 10 times like other stats in my custom dungeon.
However I don't feel out of place with my custom dungeon when i test-played it.
I feel a bit of chance which critical damage to monster was increased...