[RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamski
On Master

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Post by Adamski »

Hi antraxus
Try these actions:
Spoiler
FUL IR + doors, ZO + doors, monsters + green pads
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

Hi adamski and thx

But i cant blow any of the 3 doors open nor can i zo-open them
at least not with only 4 of the 6 power runes. (do i miss the strongest one or will i find that one later?)

I also thought but luring monsters to a certain spot on this lvl, but there re no green pads,hmmm

Well i ll check again, still thx for the info
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

Ok i checked again but no luck theres only the spot where the couldron used to stand and that pentagram on the floor but luring a monster onto it doesnt do anything.

i think i must open the metal door somehow but i can only dispell the energy field right before it but i have no key for the door and it seems picking lock doesnt work as well.

i´m afraid that maybe its bugged somehow.

Is there something to do with the fireplace maybe?
And whats to do with the wand that makes me see through walls?

another hint would be really appreciated. thx :-)
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Go upstairs and look for the ruby key. You say you didn't see any green pad... maybe you didn't pass the magic pit. If so,
Spoiler
try to close it casting a spell
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

Thx alot thats it, i casted fireballs and stuff against the pit but i didnt try the zo spell, thx alot

now i also know where the ratroom is.

Thx again for the help
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

So im stuck in the first room :-)

I need to find a twine and ive tried throwing things around, walking into walls, all sorts but nothing.. Looking at 32 pages worth of posts, I imagine ive got a long trek ahead of me :-)

A
Regards,

Andy
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

andyboy_uk wrote:I need to find a twine
As far as I can remember, you have to
Spoiler
"use"
a certain object to get it. Try to
Spoiler
hold such an object with your right hand
. Or my memory cheats me. Good luck with this great game, anyway! :)

PS I had to ask Adamski about 15 times to get out of that first room. This was a sad end for my beta-testing attempt. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

Hello,
I'm new here. I've really been enjoying this dungeon, but I'm stuck at the thieves guild. I'm at the part where a scroll asks me to verify my aim.
Spoiler
I've read on this forum that you need to go somewhere after you've thrown an object on the pressure plate, but I'm unsure where to go. I've been everywhere I can think of as fast as possible. Also, I've already thrown a few objects on the plate in my savegame already, will that cause issues by trying it again?
Spoiler
Just as a suggestion to improve this wonderful dungeon. I completed the priests guild by a guiding a certain fellow to his destination, but there were spots where he suddenly dies, and I'm guessing they are spots close to where golems were guarding, as it didn't happen anywhere else. But the golems were already dead when it happened. I'm guessing this an unintended bug?
angrimm
Neophyte

Post by angrimm »

Machine wrote:Hello,
I'm new here. I've really been enjoying this dungeon, but I'm stuck at the thieves guild. I'm at the part where a scroll asks me to verify my aim.
Spoiler
I've read on this forum that you need to go somewhere after you've thrown an object on the pressure plate, but I'm unsure where to go. I've been everywhere I can think of as fast as possible. Also, I've already thrown a few objects on the plate in my savegame already, will that cause issues by trying it again?
you have to throw objects through all doors as long as they are open. all in a row...
and yes - you can fetch your thrown items back later.
if you have done this you have to go to the prison and fetch the key and kill the prisoner to get his items.
before you do this make some invisible-potions with this big red fruits. if you have the invisible potions the prison is quiet easy - dont walk on the buttons on the ground!!!
there you can get some lockpicks which you need to open the closed door at the "verify my aim" section. save after you are back upstairs... ;)
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Spoiler
I already killed the prisoner and got his lockpicks, and explored all the cells. I am a little confused upstairs with the doors. I only see one door opening, facing the stairs, the other 3 are not opening. Is the pressure plate on the other side of the first door suppose to trigger the other doors to open?
EDIT: I figured it out now, I can't believe I missed that. Thank you!
angrimm
Neophyte

Post by angrimm »

i am one of the last guys here playing this game.
if you have questions dont mind: ask for help.
i am at the celler in the tower now and i stuck - so i can give you some advice till there.
you have the foreaxe from the dragons-cave? you need it!
you also have to fetch the spellbook as fast as possible!
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

I completed the sewers last night. Man, that was intense. I think it was a mistake to bring 4 champions there, I would have managed with 2 without nearly running out of food.
Spoiler
Basically in the sewers, I would suggest you start by cleaning the place out. (worms, spiders) Then proceed to the area with the ghost. Then doors in the cellar will randomly open/close. You need to find the phantom key when this happens. Then you can enter the control room and unlock sewer entrances. There are numberous ladders and pits you will have to go to unlock other areas of the sewers. Its fairly difficult, make every step count so you don't run outta food.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I have finally discovered where getting old has an advantage. Games become infinitely more repeat playable. I could play toc any amount of times. I do not remember most of the previous times through. I have played this game twice to completion. Both times were very different from each other. This is a classic!
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

Loving this game so far.

Stuck at the symmetry rooms,
Spoiler
how the heck do you light the furnace? any hints?
EDIT:
Spoiler
Ahh, figured it out, you need materials. :)
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Hi Machine,
thanks for your suggestion about the golems. It isn't a bug, it is a my error: those golems shoud be immortal! I forgot... :(
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

I figured it wasn't intended. Btw, it was a ghost down there that killed them.

EDIT:
Spoiler
The pit level is pretty tough, I got the gold keys to release the guardians and defeated them. It seems I need a grapple to go higher up the tower but I haven't found one. The only area I know I haven't been able to get to, was a small pressure plate on the first pit level that activates a movable wall near another stairway. Is that where the grapple is? If so, how do I get over there?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Machine,
Spoiler
the grapple is in an alcove in the lower pit level, East
Edit:
Spoiler
look in the alcove only if you are playing the 4.0, in the previous versions the grapple is on the floor in tha same area
Last edited by Adamski on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

I also have a question for who played or is playing the 4.0: what about the fights against
Spoiler
the minotaur and xanathar
? were they too hard?
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

No they weren't too hard, just right IMO. I had more trouble with the
Spoiler
2 wizards at the top of the symmetry level
. They were hard for me anyways, as I was totally unprepared for that fight.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Sorry for asking again...are you sure you're playing the 4.0? Did you download ToC from one of the links found on this site or from DM Encyclopaedia?
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

Np, yes it is the 4.0 version. I'd also like to say, this DM dungeon is awesome! I've tried conflux in the past but it was just too hard and frustrating. This is DM with an adventure, and advanced problem solving puzzles. It's great!

I was stuck quite a few times on some of the puzzles though, if it weren't for the spoiler threads I never would have proceeded. I understand you have made the later versions have even more hints, but some of these even weren't enough. The thing I really do like about this dungeon is the flow of the adventure from starting out figuring out how to progress in the different guilds to making your way in the tower, not to mention the secret areas, and you feel very rewarded when you actually get past the different sections of the game. But there's always that one door, or pit, or item/key in your inventory that always gnaws at the back of your mind, wondering "what's this for?/how do i get there?"

Thanks for creating this! Hours well spent. :)

Now a game question for you?
Spoiler
I'm fighting Lord Chaos and he doesn't seem to be dying. How do I kill him?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Thx Machine for your words, building this dungeon I spent a lot of time but the result is really satisfying for me.
About your question:
Spoiler
Lord Chaos has now 2 shapes (from the 4.0), first one killable with normal weapons and spells; to defeat the second form you must have a particular artifact... get it from the museum and read the scroll you find next to it
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

Thanks for the hint, I won! On my current playthrough I only have 42% completetion. Looks like i'm gonna try and find everything I missed now. :D
elecdrum
Neophyte

Post by elecdrum »

Just started this but I havent played with rtc before and I'm depressingly stuck in the first room!!!
Made 2 rolls of blue twine got the mirror broke up the table but I cant find the scroll everyone is on about which creates the dart. There's just the book off the table which I've thrown but I must be missing where the scroll is.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Spoiler
cheese+rat=stick
stick+grate=scroll
elecdrum
Neophyte

Post by elecdrum »

Here we go again......!
firstly I must thank you for you prompt reply i didn't realize that I could interact with things the other side of an iron door.
Ive played dungeon master 1 and 2 but it was way back in the day. I actually bought an Atari ST to do hat very thing.
Anyway to my current frustration. I think I'm getting repetitive strain injury from countless attempts to pass the dragon cave.
Even closing all the doors on my way through I cant seem to get to the keys without the dragon killing me. Is there some shortcut Ive missed ?
That bat usually slows me up so much the dragon catches me up or it kills me with one bite.
When I get to the keys I can usually survive for a while (with judicious saving ) and the dragon even blows away the iron door to my back allowing me as far as the big solid iron door behind it but that's it.
Machine
Novice

Post by Machine »

Hello,
Spoiler
The way I did it was run all the way to the keys as fast as possible while closing all the doors behind you to slow the dragon down. The bat wont attack you unless you attack it, so let it move in front of you as far as you can then kill it quickly. The key to the door is the third one down and I believe you need to use it twice.
angrimm
Neophyte

Post by angrimm »

indeed...
run as fast u can. use the 3rd or 4th key to open that damn door (keep the key!!). run down the corridor - one step left and save the game......
the dragon has to "open" the 2nd door for you (if i remember right)
elecdrum
Neophyte

Post by elecdrum »

I just seem to be wandering about getting randomly killed.
In the priest guild there's a monk covering the stairs who'll neither move or talk to me.
Mages guild
Spoiler
may need a light spell but I've no runes apart from one power one. Thieves guild no different looks like I need to pick a lock. The graveyard kills me with mummies as I've no weapon. There was a room with spider which I've led outside stairs down have some sort of button but I cant find what it does. Have I wandered past a stash of weapons somewhere?
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

priest guild :
Spoiler
you need a staff
Thieves guild :
Spoiler
use a objet of thief, for the lock
mage guild :
Spoiler
wait to have the magical book. -> graveyard...