So, tell us about yourself...

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: So, tell us about yourself...

Post by oh_brother »

Kenshiro wrote:There's no way it's been almost three years since I posted this :cry: Where are my years going?
I know the feeling - I cannot believe it is getting close to my third anniversary on these forums. I still feel like a newbie! :D

I should say welcome to the forums at this point, but since you have berm here longer than me that would feel a bit redundant. Welcome back though!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I actually spent some time on these forums - well, they did look very different - in 2003 and 2004, wrote a few posts and then disappeared for 4 years. When I came back in 2008 I found that in 2003 and 2004 I was posting only as a guest so I started a new account. So basically what I'm trying to say here is that I was here before many of the "older" members and as such I theoretically deserve more praise and honour and admiration and even a regular salary here and stuff but I don't ask for it because I'm extremely modest. Moreover, I can't prove it, of course. Well, I could prove it, but it would be a waste of time. And, as I said, I'm a very modest person. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

You truly are an inspiration to us all and I, for one, salute you. :wink:
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

You truly are an inspiration to us all. [citation needed]
Kenshiro
Apprentice

Post by Kenshiro »

Yeah, I made my old account back in '05 or early '06. I remember drawing up my dungeons I planned to make (never finished lol, still have them partially made) in my school library when I was 15.

Now I'm 21, no idea where six years went.
Jan wrote:I actually spent some time on these forums - well, they did look very different - in 2003 and 2004, wrote a few posts and then disappeared for 4 years. When I came back in 2008 I found that in 2003 and 2004 I was posting only as a guest so I started a new account. So basically what I'm trying to say here is that I was here before many of the "older" members and as such I theoretically deserve more praise and honour and admiration and even a regular salary here and stuff but I don't ask for it because I'm extremely modest. Moreover, I can't prove it, of course. Well, I could prove it, but it would be a waste of time. And, as I said, I'm a very modest person. :wink: :wink: :wink:
:lol:
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well, I've now been here just over nine years (in fact, nine years last Saturday :O) so ha ha Jan, I beat you ;).
Of course, people like Wuffy and Gambit have been here even longer...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Jan lurked on these forums before it became trendy :D In honour of his great worthiness and contributions, I believe we need to give him the job of Posting Supremo :)

And welcome back kenshiro! Do you recall your old name?
Kenshiro
Apprentice

Post by Kenshiro »

beowuuf wrote:Jan lurked on these forums before it became trendy :D In honour of his great worthiness and contributions, I believe we need to give him the job of Posting Supremo :)

And welcome back kenshiro! Do you recall your old name?
Not one bit, my friend :lol:

I like Kenshiro anyway, makes me feel like a big man. 8)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Jan wrote:So basically what I'm trying to say here is that I was here before many of the "older" members and as such I theoretically deserve more praise and honour and admiration and even a regular salary here and stuff but I don't ask for it because I'm extremely modest.
More praise, honor and admiration than me should be doable. 7 years here and still getting banned regularly. :cry:
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Ameena wrote:Well, I've now been here just over nine years (in fact, nine years last Saturday :O) so ha ha Jan, I beat you ;).
No, you don't. You've joined the forums on 24-Mar-03 18:25. The first post of mine I can track is from 8-Feb-03 09:46. I guess there are even older posts I made but I don't remember under what name. But as I said I'm a modest person and I'm not saying it because I'd like to make myself look more important. It's just a fact. :wink:
beowuuf wrote:I believe we need to give him the job of Posting Supremo
Oh, dear. Another Falkland-Islands-style-triumph of mine. :|
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, well, I've been on the forums in one guise or another for 12 years, so suck it down the lot of ya!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Shhhhhhhhh, it's something to be scared about not boast about now! I can't believe it's been 12 years!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Er, yeah, that's true.... and in other news, LOOK OVER THERE! **Hobbles off in a zimmer frame**
Ja'Ph'
Neophyte

Post by Ja'Ph' »

Hello there

Up until a few months ago I had never heard of DM, that was until my girlfriend told me about it and how it is one of the best games she has ever played.

So hear I am, I'm going to start playing DM for the time in a few days (maybe a week) and I am going to post my progress hear on the form, hope you all enjoy.

btw my girlfriend is Ameena.

Cheers

P.S. Please forgive any spelling or grammer mistakes that I might make as I am dyslexic and typing is not my strong point ( it took me about half an hour to type this out).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Ameena did warn us you would be coming to the forums, welcome! Hope you enjoy playing. There's a few new threads with people playing/replaying DM, so hopefully you can find some tricks and tips there too!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, hello and welcome! Ameena mentioned you in the other thread - it's so nice to have you here! :P I hope you enjoy your stay and especially you enjoy Dungeon Master. Definitely keep us informed on your progress. Although, as I see it, you won't need any hints from us... :roll: :wink:
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Zomg it's a dwarf!!! Hide the Jaffa Cakes!
Well, I suppose I don't have much to add here, seeing how Skype tends to cover our communication pretty well as it is ;). Yay, you finally got round to joining, and it's a nice forum, not one of those where no-one seems to know stuff such as the fact that the word "you" has three letters in it, and that being polite is really not difficult ;).
Hopefully, as I've mentioned before, I can use the Skype screenshare thingy to watch your perilous exploits, but if it turns out that dong so does crash my Internet, then I'll just haev to listen for your screams of terror as various Big Nasty Monsters leap out at you :twisted:.
Neophyte

Post by Ja'Ph' »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Wheee! A new member! And Ameena's boyfriend to boot! Welcome!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Welcome Ja'ph to our little corner of the web. Don't worry about making any spelling mistakes or typos, feel free to type however you want; we'd hate for you to worry about that. Just be yourself :-)
PeteC
Novice

Post by PeteC »

Hello all. My Name is Peter. I've loved DM and CSB since the Atari ST days. I've wanted to create a game like that ever since, and have decided to do so now. I started (with the help of documentation from http://dmweb.free.fr/) to create my own DM/CSB clone. I'd like to joint he developer's forum to get some questions answered.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi, welcome to the forum. I've added you to the Developers group, feel free to ask any questions :)
PeteC
Novice

Post by PeteC »

Great! Thanks.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, hello and welcome! I'm looking forward to playing your dungeon! :D
Balthus
Novice

Post by Balthus »

Hello all. I'm a loooooooong time lurker of this site and have decide to make myself known to those here.
Been playing DM and all it's clones since the release of the game in '87. I still have my GOR coin from CSB, somewhere, in some box.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome to the forums (officially) then! Any clone / custom dungeon preference?
Balthus
Novice

Post by Balthus »

Snes and RTC. I've downloaded all the RTC dungeons. Sadly I don't own an amiga anymore.
I still remember my first encounter with the ghost. I'll just hide behind this door and sleep so I can get my health and mana back. Raaaaaaaaah, Sonja dies. Whaaa??
I'm very slowly working on a dungeon, though it may not ever see the light of day. I don't have the time to develop it fully.
It's based around Castle Banville, which was fortification of evil early in it's history, and it's liberator Ed The First Duke Of Banville.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hiya :). Welcome to the forum. Lol to your encounter-with-a-ghost story :D. Stuff like that is always fun to hear.
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hello and welcome! :D I hope you find some time to finish / make your dungeon!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I remember the same thing with the ghost. I had not played in ages, and forgot that they could move through doors. So when I saw the first one in the dungeon I ran back, closed the door and started to calmly click the runes for the harm non-material beings spell. And then went into shock when attacked.

Anyway welcome to the forums. I still have my gor coin somewhere too! I must try to dig it out next time I am home.