[Custom Dungeon] [Parlous Dungeon] Bugs

This is an archive of the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia forum
beowuuf
Archmastiff

[Custom Dungeon] [Parlous Dungeon] Bugs

Post by beowuuf »

You mention some bugs in your game - check out my hex manual, it will explain at least three things you mentioned:

a) worm bug - you need to change a byte
b) pit crash on chaos level (basically pits have to go somewhere if a champion dies on them, and the dragon level beheath is smaller!)
c) laucher problem - you need to have the correct trigger hex and also make sure dmuter hasn't gotten rid of your hex behind your back!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Christopher

Re: [Custom Dungeon] [Parlous Dungeon] Bugs

Post by Christopher »

Thanks beowuuf. I already knew how to fix the worm problem, I just decided not to. I'm not good with figuring out hex stuff, the launcher seems to always want to change into another wall object, or make other wall objects into launchers. There was only one place I wanted a launcher so it wasn't a big deal to not have it (considering I used up the wall object limit). As for the pits on Chaos level, the ones I have trouble with are the death pits which teleport the heros at the same pit they fell in. While I tested it, the two front heros always died and then the game would freeze. Oh well, those pits were ment to end the game so in a way I guess they work. I'm only a tyro or neophyte when it comes to making dungeons, still I hope it was fun for you to play (assuming you've played it).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: [Custom Dungeon] [Parlous Dungeon] Bugs

Post by beowuuf »

lol, fraid not, stuck in mexico far from DM, just wanted to see what the dungeon was about so read the text file!
Soemthing to look forward to when i get back...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!