DirectX -> SDL

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PeyloW
Novice

DirectX -> SDL

Post by PeyloW »

Ditch the DirectX code and use SDL instead to support a wider range of computers.

SDL has official support for Linux, Windows, BeOS, MacOS, MacOS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, and IRIX. And unofficial (incomplete of buggy) support for Windows CE, AmigaOS, Atari, QNX, NetBSD, AIX, OSF/Tru64, and SymbianOS.

As can be seen among the supported systems are the original systems for Dungeon Master :) .

At least have a look at <a href="http://www.libsdl.org">www.libsdl.org</a>
copperman
Um Master

Re: DirectX -> SDL

Post by copperman »

It would be nice to see RTC on the Amiga although the Amiga version of CSB is by far the best IMOHO but then again Im an Amiga guru anyway i still run an A1200 040 tower, and u can play DM and CSB from HD with patches. <p>Unkle Ka5</p>
Don't be scene or herd!
MadMunky
Adept

Winex

Post by MadMunky »

That reminds me will give RTC and go under the latest WineX tonight, will report back l8r, over and out! :)
PeyloW
Novice

RTC on Mac

Post by PeyloW »

Just a little note, RTC runs nicely on Mac under VirtualPC. But still a native version (Easliy acomplished using SDL) would be nicer.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

gurus..

Post by cowsmanaut »

you're and an Amiga GURU??!!

Do me a favor, STOP MEDITATING!! Every time you do my Miggy goes into a trance :wink:

moo!