Grave of King Millius

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Seeker19

Grave of King Millius

Post by +Seeker19 »

Being a fairly recent visitor to this site, I'm only going through the posted dungeons now. Since the link to the "Grave of King Millius" creator's web site doesn't work, I figured we could discuss it here.

I'm playing conservatively, with a party of four reincarnated characters...I find that I miss the aspect of the original FTL/Interplay games where the monsters were different on each level/area. Aside from the inability to easily tell levels apart, I'm enjoying this dungeon crawl.
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

The author stepping out of the shadows...
Hmm... Which link is that? And where did you get the packet.
I'm glad you like it.
+Seeker19

Dungeons on this site

Post by +Seeker19 »

Ah. I downloaded the dungeon from this site, the Unofficial DM site (dmweb.atari.org), of which I realize many people may not be aware. Under "New DM" there are three dungeons to download, and "The Grave of King Millius" is the first.

The link listed on the resulting page, http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Bu ... 66/dm.html, goes to an expired page. What is your new site address?
What other sites have dungeons for download?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

You can try Ian's Site: Dmute Board, at: http://pub17.ezboard.com/fiansmessageboard69920dmute There is a link on the top, to freedrive (you have to register the first time). You will access some 10 other dungeons
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey Toni, how is the new small dungeon coming along?
And I think we should keep a thread linking back to Ian's DMute site - not enough people seem to know about it for DMute tips and existing fungeons.
+Seeker19

DMute and Ian..

Post by +Seeker19 »

Thanks for the link!
So what happened to the person who created *this* site (dmweb.atari.org)? Is this the same person who made http://pub17.ezboard.com/fiansmessageboard69920dmute, the aforementioned Ian? After the problem with visiting Toni's page, I fully realized that nothing has been updated to this site since late last year, which is forever in web terms, and the e-mail address listed in the contact section is bad, too. Any other peeps out of the webmaster?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

From previous threads erlier in the year, I gather that Dan who did this site was busy with work, etc and hasn't been heard of for many months

The DMute forum is a seperate site altogther, though visited by alot of the people who check out this one.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Daniel Durgan (who set up this site) seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. I've been trying to get in touch with him to ask him to hand over the messageboard moderator rights to someone else, but as you've discovered, his hotmail address is inactive.

If anyone manages to get in touch with him, let us know would ya? Thanks!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I'm not sure of it, but I think there is a Daniel Durgan behind 106233.270@compuserve.com Anyone wants to give a try?
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

I was contacted by him a while ago. He said he doesn't want to continue on maintaining the site anymore (life and all) and wished to pass the site to me. However I haven't heard back from him for over a month, so he may be busy once again.
Toni
PS. I will respect his wishes to keep his e-mail address secret. So, no asking, alright!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Do you want to maintain the site? If so, perhaps you should contact him again to confirm it.

I'd love to manage the messageboard, but I have no interest in maintaining the whole site as I'm building my own site anyway. Perhaps between us all we can keep this thing going.
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

Sorry, I forgot all about your question. My new homepages are at:

http://personal.inet.fi/cool/tylisirn/

Other dungeons can be found at Freedrive. There is a link at Ian's message board:

http://pub17.ezboard.com/fiansmessageboard69920dmute