DM2-No Questions yet--just gratitude

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Gramps

DM2-No Questions yet--just gratitude

Post by +Gramps »

Really pleased to find this BBS and to be able to once again play the best RPG from the past I played the original DM on my Amiga and playing it again on a PC has made me nostalgic so I dug out all of my old Amiga disks and Manuals and found the following stuff: Dungeon Master 1 and FTL Manual Dungeon Master Editor by Edward Penman (Softex) and Manual Chaos Strikes Back-2 disk set , FTL Manual and Pat Mullens Maps, Lists and Answers for CSB Dev Ware Chaos Game Cheats-Super character set, cheat mode and maps Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Eye of the Beholder-3 disk set and Clue Book from Strategic Simulations During my search of the garage I found my Amiga Pet Computer and the keyboard for the Amiga 2000 (hope to find the CPU someday.)The box with the keyboard had some of the older kickstart roms (I was an upgrade freak) Some of you old timers might remember Emerald Mines which I found along with many old game disks, I spent a lot of time on Emerald mines--a great game. So I downloaded the PC version of DM2 and started playing it again after all these years but soon got discouraged with the training process, "Sonja needs more practice on this blah blah blah". And then thanks to this forum I found DMute!!!. What a Godsend that program is!!--Thanks very much George!! Sorry for my first post being so long but I wanted to share my joy at being able to play this great game again after all these years. This is a great forum with very helpful people!. "Gramps"
+Sir Harry

Post by +Sir Harry »

Have to agree with you there...this site is bloody marvelous...and yes I am sad enough to play it all over again :) I too had the dungeon master level editor, back in the days when Skid Row used to copy Amiga disks by the bucket load and never a need to buy a game :) Although I always buy games that are worth the money and this was one of 'em. My thanks in abundance to Mr Durgan for this exceptional site,can't thank you enough!!! Now if I could only find a copy of North & South by Infogrammes I'd be made....:)
+Zach

Post by +Zach »

You said you downloaded DM2 for the pc? Can you give me the site where you downloaded it from? Thansk a lot
+Guest

Post by +Guest »

Speaking on Gramps behalf also, I think it is possibly a typo. DM is downloadable but if you cannot find DM2 at the Un-official DM website it probably is not available :( sorry