The same monsters

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Feren

The same monsters

Post by +Feren »

Is it true that in CSB they simply used the same monsters as in DM with just other graphics? And, if this is true, where's the "Small scorpion" monster in CSB?
+Bertman74

Post by +Bertman74 »

I guess the lack of response to this message maybe means more than one person is going ??????. good question. That small scorpion is a strange breed though.

Post by Guest »

I think the lack of response is because messages get ignored once they've moved down the page. I really wish Daniel Durgam would return and get a messageboard that sorts stuff by date. It would be so much better.
The small scorpion you speak of is actually a Ruster, and it was supposed to rust your weapons so that they'd disappear. FTL never completed the code for this which is why you can attack him with anything you like and it doesn't matter.
I remember having two official books from FTL about Dungeonmaster and CBS, and also having an interview that they conducted with a magazine shortly after the game came out, where they also gave the 'official' names to monsters. (Did you know that in DM the Faders were actually Xytaz which were used again in CSB only with a different shape and slightly different name? (Zytaz)?)
This is where I got this information from, but sadly I no longer have the books or the magazines. Sniff!
+Bertman74

Post by +Bertman74 »

Man that is too cool, until I got here I thought I knew a lot about DM but the more I read the less I realize I know. but thats cool because I am learning a lot of stuff. Thanks guys
+Feren

Post by +Feren »

This could explain why the small scorpion has no attacking graphic. But, if it was never finished, why does it appear in the game? They made DM that perfect, why did they include an uncompleted monster?