CSB Amiga Sound ???

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Malc

CSB Amiga Sound ???

Post by +Malc »

Thanx for the Kickstart, I now have a problem getting sound. Chaos runs perfect but fellow doesn't work when I change the sound settings to normal. I run an AMD K6 2-450 with onboard 16 bit sound. Can anyone help???
+Simon

Post by +Simon »

You're lucky. When I run fellow in Windows I get sound for a random amount of time (say, ten minutes) after which the PC suddenly starts emitting a loud warbling shriek and the game freezes. To get the game to work again, I have to bring up the Fellow menu and turn the sound off and then the game continues but at such a fast speed that everything kills the party in about a second!
+Lopez

Post by +Lopez »

Have you tried switching screensavers, automated functions, etc. off? Some onboard soundcards also cause problems even in Windows programs ;-). And if everything else fails, try WinUAE, different Kickstart version (CSB runs at least on v1.3.), newer version of Fellow...