Dungeon Master- 'Kid Dungeon"

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Tim

Dungeon Master- 'Kid Dungeon"

Post by +Tim »

Years ago, when I first played DM, I knew how to get into the kid-dungeon part of the game. Now, that I've started playing again I would like to know if anybody knows how to get into kid-dungeon.
+Jerry

Post by +Jerry »

If you find out, tim, let me know please
+Boar

Post by +Boar »

I took a trip in the way way back machine to find this in the archive (knew I'd heard something about it before):
Kid Dungeon - More Info (long) Sunday, 13-Dec-1998 12:40:56
134.192.129.63 writes:

A couple people seemed interested, so I thought I'd post some more info. Keep in mind, this is all from memory.
Again, you entered the kid dungeon in the Apple IIgs version of DM by holding down the "apple" key while pressing the "enter" button at the dungeon entrance. It might have been "control", or "tab" instead of "apple". I've also tried the "alt" key in the PC version, but nothing seems to work there.
+azntesla

Post by +azntesla »

yes, it has something to do with the control or alt button and you press it with some other buttons but, i have yet to figure it out. if any body knows please please help to figure it out. thank you, tim
+Boar

Post by +Boar »

Well according to previous post it only works on Apple. At least that's what it says.
+Tim

Post by +Tim »

I've done it on the PC before so, i think that there is a way of doing it. it's just a matter of time.
+DAHstra

Post by +DAHstra »

So what's in this Kid Dungeon?
Jamison
+Boar

Post by +Boar »

Here's another of those old posts. Hope it helps:
Re: Re: Kid Dungeon Wednesday, 16-Dec-1998 11:25:36
134.192.129.63 writes:

Well, I made a serious attempt at getting DM to run on an Apple 2gs emulator, and it finally works - without sound, though.
What was tricky was figuring out how to get into the bonus dungeon. On an Apple 2gs emulator I did it by holding down the right ALT key while clicking the "enter" button at the dungeon doors. The left ALT doesn't work.
On pc, it still doesn't work - they probably left out the bonus dungeon on the pc version.
Marco.
+Boar

Post by +Boar »

Here's another with a little bit about the "kid dungeon". Promise I'll stop now.

Kid Dungeon Friday, 11-Dec-1998 13:44:07
134.192.129.63 writes:

I got the Apple 2gs version of Dungeon Master years ago, and included was a special "kid dungeon". It was basically a very small dungeon, with a watered-down hall of champions with boosted statistics. There were a few monsters, including a very, very wimpy dragon.
You got into the kid dungeon by holding the apple key while pushing the enter button in the startup screen.
Unfortunately, the pc version of DM doesn't seem to have the kid dungeon. Can anybody tell me if the ST or Amiga versions have it?
Incidentally, I can't get the GS disk image of DM to work on any apple 2gs emulators - if anyone has done so, please let me know.
Marco.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I wonder whether anyone can create the Kid Dungeon in DMute
+Tim

Post by +Tim »

If somebody were able to find the dungeon.dat file for the kid dungeon or the lay out for the kid dungeon of course. But it seems nobody has found it yet. I hope somebody out there is able to find it once again because DM wouldn't be to same. If you were a little kid or have kids of your own at a young age you would want them to start off at the kid dungeon then move onto the regular dungeon. That way they'll have experience. Once they get bored of the regular dungeon then they can start building/creating dungeons of their own.
-Tim
+David Fairweather

Post by +David Fairweather »

Somewhere I have a dungeon editor for my Atari ST version of Dungeon Master. I am certain that the Atari ST version did NOT have a "Kid Dungeon" but that was one of the first things I created with my editor was a "Dungeon Master for Kids" that had fewer locked doors, etc.