saving games

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
matt

saving games

Post by matt »

I'm running the DM on NoSTalgia (a Mac ST emulator). The game seems to work just fine for the most part, except that I have no sound after the initial "Crew 42" screen, and I can't figure out how to save games!

this is the first emulator I've ever run, and I'm a bit green, I'll admit. However, there must be some way to create a blank disk image that I can save onto. When I attempt to save the game, I get "unable to save game!" message.

I was neurotic in my love for this game 10 years ago, and I would LOVE to play it again. Could someone please help me?

Thanks!
Matt
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

RE: saving games

Post by ChristopheF »

I think the problem is the emulator you use, because I have no problem with this particular version of DM under WinSTon on PC.

Christophe
Demoniac

RE: saving games

Post by Demoniac »

I don't know about yours, but my emulator (PaCifiST) lets me dump the whole contents of the RAM in the virtual machine, as well as the CPU states, to a file. So if you can't save the "normal" way within the game, just dump it all to one huge (mine are about 4 Mb, since that's how much RAM my emulator emulates) file, and reload that one instead. Then you won't have to use a save disk or anything.

And to you Christophe:
This web site is awesome. Actually, until I found this one, I thought I was the only one who still cared about such an old game. Now I know others have realized how great it is, too.