Ful bombs

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Matttcattt

Ful bombs

Post by Matttcattt »

Does anyone know how to create full bombs?

I am 13 and am now re-playing Dungeon Master and cannot find a spell to create them.
I used to play Dungeon Master about 6 years ago on my Amiga untill I acidentaly deleted the operating system.
I used to play on my dads and my uncles saves because i was crap, and on thier saves they had lots of VEN and FUL bombs.
I can create VEN bombs but not FUL bombs, can anyone help?

Thanks! Matt
Sundeep Nandra

Re: Ful bombs

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

Ah this brings us back to a recent discussion where I remember creating a FUL bomb but can now only create VEN bombs......same with others. Anyone want to recreate that discussion?? :>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can try...

You can't do it in any new version of DM/CSB - definitely not DM.
It is possible that very early versions of DM (that aren't available now!) could do it, but if so it must have been removed.

So enjoy those FUL bombs and use them carefully when you find them!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

thanks for explaining it to him beowuuf :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

np...hope it helped, matt : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Len Darker

Post by Len Darker »

Up to this day, I have never understood, why people would ruin perfectly good flasks by making poison or fire bombs out of them.

You lose another vehicle to carry water, or mix potions in. And as far as I remember, there was only a limited number of flasks. Not too few, but still.
Slick

Post by Slick »

If I remember correctly, an EE level poision bomb is rougly equal in strength to a MON level poision cloud spell. Hence you get more bang for your buck.
kazador
Neophyte

Post by kazador »

You can make the ven bombs in CSB but not ful bombs
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

u only need about 4 flasks to complete the game, so why not wate them.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nah, I find it easier to load yourtself up with VI potions to save some hassles in combat. Four flasks in the hand, and about 5- 8 each in the backpacks : )

Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

There are more than enough flasks in DM to do both - store lots of potions AND waste lots of them for killing clouds.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think there are 34 possible flasks to collect in DM. As long as you keep enough for potions, there's no reason why you couldn't use up the spares for Poison Bombs...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I remembered only 19....

Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

I'm quite sure I remember at least....hmm...28 in an early Atari ST version. I remember that each character had one in hand and at least six each in their inventory, but I don't remember that being possible on the PC.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, I think you are right, because by the end I think I have that arrangement (well, biased more to fighters until the chaos level).
Hmm, need to dig out asaved game and count the flasks, I guess : )

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If Christophe's maps are right, then there are 34 flasks (just count the numbers he has specified in the notes)
Zurman

Post by Zurman »

Well in fact there are 35 possible flasks including Wuuf's one ;)

flasks and potions are some of my favorite items in the game (with chests of course)

And why are there only 35 and not 36? that would allow each champion to have 9 , but with only 35, one must have only 8 :/