DM2 Editiors

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Wes

DM2 Editiors

Post by Wes »

Does anybody know if there is or will be any dm2 editiors to create my own dungeon like the editor in the first dungeon master

Thanks
Wes
Sphenx
On Master

Re: DM2 Editiors

Post by Sphenx »

"like the editor", what is its name?
Then I could answer yes or no.
Wes

Post by Wes »

The editor is Dungeon Master builder v0.85sigma
Sphenx
On Master

Re: DM2 Editors

Post by Sphenx »

Then I answer "yes". But I can't give any date. In the best case, I would say for this summer.
rain`
Artisan

Post by rain` »

Sphenx, I don't know if you've tried it or not, but in my alpha version editor that i was working until my pc died (new parts in the mail) could open DM2 dungeon.dat files perfectly fine. The only difference between the format is that it uses one additional tile type (which i do not know the function) in all the inaccessable parts of the map. Also, there are more bits used in the "level count" information in the file, allowing more then 16 dungeons. As of now, that, and the item ID numbers for food, weapons, armor, and monsters are different, Making your editor DM2 compatible is only a matter of showing the correct graphics is it not?

Unfortunately I do not know anything about editing weather patterns for areas, wall graphics (forest, cave/tunnel, dungeon, etc), or other such "area themes", but i'm sure its probably one of the unused variables in the level headers =]

-rain`
Sphenx
On Master

Re: DM2 Editors

Post by Sphenx »

Hey, I never received anything of your alpha editor ...
That's right a large part of the editor is to replace the DM items graphics by the DM2 graphics ... but there are still problems with actuators. They are different from DM1.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”