Creating personalized objects

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

Creating personalized objects

Post by L!ghthouse »

Maybe I'm missing something here but, is there a way to create personalized objects for RTC? For example if I wanted to create an axe that raised your str by 17 and your dex by 11. And what about certain attacks? (thrust, melee, ect.) Attack Damage? Health, stamina, mana? I know how to use the CLONE command, but was wondering if that is all that there is. Or maybe if there are certain other commands that I am missing. I am new to the whole RTC world and so any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

As far as I know, there is no way of doing what you describe. Perhaps it's something that will be added in a future version, but for now the best you can do is to CLONE something and mix and match properties for weight and attack type.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Add the following section to your RTC file near the top somewhere (under the actual details of the dungeon i.e. the name etc)

Code: Select all

[New - Bitmaps]
ADD	BITMAP_MYAXE		FILE=(myAxe.bmp)	SIZE=(38,24)	POSITION=(0,20)		SCALINGS=(6)

ADD	BITMAP_MYAXE_ICON	FILE=(MyAxeIcon.bmp)	SIZE=(32,32)	POSITION=(0,0)		SCALINGS=(1)

[New - Objects]
ADD	WEAPON_MYAXE	CLONES=(<object to clone>)	NAME=(THE BAD ASS AXE)	BITMAPS=(ICON:BITMAP_MYAXE_ICON,DUNGEON:BITMAP_MYAXE)
replacing the <object name> with the nearest Item that you can find that changes the attributes. There should be a way to change the images

Unless GG wants to step in with some clever extra parameters that will help out here ;)

The above was taken from the orange.txt and adapted, of course you will need a couple of pictures in there as well

There is a wicked object list here from SCORCH

http://www.eyedomain.co.uk/RTC_Object_Guide_v.0.1.doc

To help on your way :)
Regards,

Andy
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

Post by L!ghthouse »

Thanks for the info. I think this would be a nice addition to RTC if GG has the time to program it in that is. Love the program either way!

Is there going to be a guide that has all of the standard bitmap sizes avaliable? I read something about how there was one in progress... but I didn't see anything saying if it was completed or not.

Is there a way to clone an object to take on the properties of multiple objects? (i.e. a necklace that acts like a pendant feral and a moonstone?)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Andyboy is working on the guide himself - the latest version I have myself is 0.1, maybe there have been changes and updates in the mean time, since this was from May this year. Not sure if there is still a link available to download it - I could not find one.

Regards, PitD
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I dont think there is a way to do what you were after, I think I updated the guide to v0.2 Let me get a link for you...

(runs away)

(comes back with this link)
http://www.freewebs.com/andyboy_uk/rtcEditingGuide2.htm

That was some time ago, Im going to do my best to inc most of this in the editor when I get some time.

Object placement in the editor is proving to be a bit of a git, but Im getting there.
Regards,

Andy
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

All right *Sigh* Was hoping on finishing a book tonight but since you went through the pain to fetch the latest version some new reading material seems to have come up suddenly 8) Thankssss...

Regards, PitD