Anias - A Prelude To Dungeon Master

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Anias - A Prelude To Dungeon Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Right I've had this idea for a long time now and thought it about time to share it.

I've been wanting to make a Dungeon Master modification for a game (preferabally UT2k4, but the Source engine's an option aswell) for some time. The problem being, I don't have a clue about scripting and the likes. So I came up with some initial ideas for a story:

Anias follows the route of four champions before they were imprisoned in the mirrors. (I don't quite know which four yet but proberbally Nabi, Halk, Syra and Alex as they're the four on the box and in the story.)

The game would start off in a villiage and go through a forest of sorts before reaching Mount Anias itself. Then the champions would venture into the mountain and follow most of the Dungeon Master dungeon but recreated in 3D. The new game engine would allow for some spectacular effects and set pieces for traps.

Not quite sure how the game would be played (recreate point and click, full 3D FPS movement etc.) and a lot of work would be involved but at the moment I was just wondering what people thought about the setting and storyline?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, i was always goign to do the actual story for those four (alex, nabi, etc) - how they came together and got defeated : )

But yes, that would be an interestign idea - you may wish to stay away from known characters thoguh for the story...as you know ultimately you have to be defeated, and that's no fun. Definitely have a cross over - perhaps syra and one elf party went in, and a second party (before DM) goes in to find out what happened to her, aswell as find out if the unbeleived stories of chaos and the army are true.

You could therefore have the storyline not as a 'defeat chaos and lose' but as a 'try to find syra, not find her but strat to explore the dungeon and get to know chaos, then have the second half driven by finding out abotu some plot or weapon of chaos's...if you beat it, and the last guardian, have some clever twist that becuase you have removed this obstacle, it makes the quest of dm possible -- perhaps some ether powered generator is destroyed, and it was this event that allowed theron to finally come back to the material plane, for example

anywya, sounds interesting!
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Nice ideas there, it might just turn out as a story at first but hopefully one day I'd love to see it implemented into some form of a game. I've had quite a few ideas for the end of the game but as you say, it's a good idea to stay away from the 'Defeat Chaos' objective at the end - that's already been done in DM after all... We'll have to see what I come up with. Or someone else for that matter!