[Done for V0.38] Cursed weapons & armours

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Pedro
Journeyman

[Done for V0.38] Cursed weapons & armours

Post by Pedro »

As far as I remember (from original DM) there was one particular feature of the cursed sword (and probably the cursed armour too). When it was put into hand of character it stayed there and wasn't possible to remove it.
Would it be possible to implement such element for RTC too?

Pedro
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Your mind is playing tricks on you -- that was EOB. DM never had such a feature.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

DM Java I believe implemented that though, did it not? With a 'remove curse' potion you needed to drink

I remember this 'items sticking to characters' came up before, not just for curses but for the ability to have items that only certain characters would possess, or perhaps a shackle on the action hand etc
Pedro
Journeyman

Post by Pedro »

Yeah, it must have been in DMJ then. My mind just mixed it with original DM :)
Anyway, I think it's not too bad idea to add that feature to RTC, is it ?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Done for V0.38

Note that the original DM objects still behave as they used to, but there's now an option to make an object "removable" (or not!) in your own dungeons. If it isn't, when the item is equipped, it can not be unequipped.

You can then come up with your own methods for getting rid of it (e.g. spells that SWAP it, methods to COMBINE it, or time to EXPIRE it to something that is removable).