Best bits of DM/CSB

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Froud
Artisan

Best bits of DM/CSB

Post by Froud »

Whats your favourite aspects of the two great games ? Mine as follows:

1. Going up a level in anything. Those words "Froud just gained a wizard level" ahhhhhh The best thing that can happen to you with your clothes on.

2. Tempting a Water elemental over a grate and watching it disappear. How STUPID can any monster get !

3. Leading a knight into a room and locking him in. I swear I can detect a look of self disgust on their faces when they realise how dumb they are.

4. Taking strength potions to the maximum and then killing loads of worms with 1 blow. The executioner in CSB is just brilliant for this.

5. The end of DM. Trying to catch Chaos in that room. My god hes a tricky git to tie down. BTW anyone else find the end of CSB a bit of an anti climax in comparison to DM ?
Toni Y
Adept

Re: Best bits of DM/CSB

Post by Toni Y »

Froud wrote:3. Leading a knight into a room and locking him in. I swear I can detect a look of self disgust on their faces when they realise how dumb they are.
They don't actually have any faces... Well, not in DM anyway... ;)

In CSB they seem to have a creature inside though.
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

I know ! But just a bit of imagaination is needed and you can see how stupid they feel !
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Froud wrote:1. Going up a level in anything. Those words "Froud just gained a wizard level" ahhhhhh The best thing that can happen to you with your clothes on.
Oh yeah ! Best of bests is when all 4 characters level up one after another, and you got that shiny green yellow red & blue text at the bottom of the screen !!!

Btw don't you think the forum should display the same message whenever we reach a new user rank ? ;)
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

WHAT ? you get an extra message if all 4 go up together ! Im off witha new team to cast a few fireballs. (This had better not be a wind up) lol
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

There's no extra message -- if all characters level up at the same time you get the same message in four colours, that's all.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Froud wrote:2. Tempting a Water elemental over a grate and watching it disappear. How STUPID can any monster get !
That's cool, I didn't know you could do that. I only met one Water Elemental in DM. This is original DM right?
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I don't think there's any gratings on level 11 of DM (the level with Water Elementals). However, in CSB there's an area called the Cistern which is crawling with the buggers and contains a lot of gratings. Have fun :twisted:.
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Only works in CSB, or other places where a monster teleporter is over a grate
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Ic
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.