INN OF LOST SOULS: general chit-chat thread

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not ignoring the topic, just not been here until now.

No one likes change yet without it we can't live. We live in a comfort level of slow gradual change and are amazed at how our lives have progressed (sometimes not in a good way) until we look back to quite a long ways.
Confusion and not wanting to change is natural, and even worse it's hard to 'remeber' feelings - but if it is a relief then that means soemthing, and just hold on to that with bloodymindedness when your other feelings swap back. Ride the thoughts and let them lift you up and onwards and not let them drag you down.
Definitely, devoting enrgies into other thigns -whether distractions or positive activities is good, and just ride through the other times.
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Don't worry Trant, soon you'll find somebody nice, maybe even with lots of wood in front of the door (wie sagt man auf Deutsch ?) ;)

And Beo, did you find a job ? What's that "Lead Auditor (pre-provisional)" rank ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I have a firm job offer I am considering, but will probably turn down. And an interview monday I need to prepare a presentation for!

And the rank is just that I attended a five day quality lead auditor course, so that is all - if I pass, and providing I oculd meet the qualifications of the IRQA, I could register as a provisional auditor..oops, shouldn't say lead I guess : )
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

meet [...] qualifications of the IRQA
@ Beowuuf : Did you mean IRA??!
Just kidding!! :P

No, really, seriously, what do you DO as an Auditor? Errm. Sth. with like audio? I don´t know, maybe you could tell a bit more about it? If you like...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not that kind of auditor - quality auditor - ISO 9001 quality systems and the like : )

Just someone who comes along and checks you comply to management system standards - like controlling supply of product and service, have good document control, top management commitment - you know, the sort of thing that really annoys everyone who works for a company with it in place : )
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

And they haven't told him he can't kick people if their stuff doesn't comply (or whatever the smeg it's all about)...and also, what was it...erm...get a dragon to bite 'em or something since Fireballs aren't allowed apparently ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, you can't fireball people or set scorpions on them, but nothing against kicking biting poison darts or getting dragons to bite them

I maybe fell asleep and had a DM dream during that part, but I'm sure it's what he said : )
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Good work Beo, not long now 'til you're back on the ladder!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Cheers. I'll jump on the ladder when I find somethign cool (which hopefully I'd manage to actualyl get) or run out of money... can hold out in an idealistic way a little longer yet and explore some options : )
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I had a weird dream last night! I was on a plane and the engine was on fire... just as it made an emergency touch down a huge box in my bedrom fell off the desk with a loud bang and woke me up! I nearly jumped through the ceiling. Spooky!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

You need some sort of tutor to master your psychic power Paul... Little green dwarves I suggest.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

HE'S GREEN! WHY DOES NO ONE POINT THIS OUT IN ANY OF THE FIRST TRILOGY!
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

my bad, looks like i missed a lot o.o
Wismerhill
Apprentice

Post by Wismerhill »

beowuuf wrote:HE'S GREEN! WHY DOES NO ONE POINT THIS OUT IN ANY OF THE FIRST TRILOGY!
Maybe he is very touchy about it and can kiss asses hard.
Wismerhill.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I assume you meant kick? : )

And hello Sera! I think you did : )

And everyone, please give me sympathy, I staved my finger and now have reduced DM playing skills (shuttit Paul) until the splint comes off
Wismerhill
Apprentice

Post by Wismerhill »

Yeah, meant kick :)
Wismerhill.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Then again, he's tiny so how would his feet reach? Maybe you had it right...
Wismerhill
Apprentice

Post by Wismerhill »

He uses the force ! The kicking force !
Wismerhill.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Beo, would I?

But you DID get killed by a Mummy! Snigger.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey, I got killed by Trolins and a pit, it was just a mummy leaping out of nowhere did the final coup de grace!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yeah, yeah, you'll be saying stormtroopers invaded the dungeon and karate kicked you to death next...

Hows the finger?! Sounds a bit painful.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not painful at all! Just, you know, surreal, and now annoyingly in the way! Still, better than another bent finger (my right ring finger is squint after an incident involving someone's elbow and may hand)

Shouldn't we be seeing your face on the news yet?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have an appt with some consultant on 17th June, so are gonna ask him to put forward name of a surgeon for a private op. Then you might see Leif in the press...

Yeah, fingers end up all shapes and sizes as the years pass. Especially if you were a mechanic!!! Slipped wrench, crack, hop round the room like a loon.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

So for those of you who noticed.. the cow was very quiet this past few weeks. I've been through a large deal involving picking up my life and moving out and most of it was sudden.. just a big complicated mess. Things are only just now coming back to normal.

I just get net yesterday afternoon and I'm trying to wade through posts and emails, etc. I've been able to get online here and there at work but I tended to keep that mainly for work stuff so I wasn't coming here or other boards I frequent.

anyway, just so you know what's up and if anyone posted something specific to me here and did not get a response.. you'll have to point it out again as it's likley lost amongst the posts I just glossed over.. no way I can make up for 2 weeks at least of unread posts from your guys .. man.. you don't realise just how busy this place really is untill you miss a few days!!

anyway.. moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This is very true about the traffic here now, which is nice! Cool things are returning to normality for you, good luck with it all.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yep, good luck cows, hope the moo is nice and loud now
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Blimey, what happened moo man? Hope I catch you on messenger soon....
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Oh, that's hard, Trantor. But yes, sometimes ending a relationship is the best thing you can do for it, even if the transition is difficult and painful. You'll come through it okay. Just don't feel like you have to be fine immediately - take your time, soothe yourself through it.

Or blow stuff up in DM. A level 6 fireball against a screamer is a good emotional release.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

thank you... erm.. but why do I feel like I should be soothing trantor? ;)

Anyway, no worries guys and gals. I'm fine, I think the main part of the storm has passed for now. It's just becoming accustomed to a changed life. I take life a lot of the time one day at a time. Deal with whatever tests or blessings you find in that day and move on.

I'll keep the Mon Ful Ir in mind though.. ;)
(here screamer screamer.... *whistle*)

moo
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have hilariously burnt my forehead in the sun. I'll have to remember that ful ya bro cream next time. Or not stay out in it for 3 hours when it said '20 min burn time' on TV.