Hacked Door?

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Szopeno

Hacked Door?

Post by Szopeno »

Hi. I am new here. I have just registered but i can't stand waiting to ask this question until the activation code hits my email. So I ask yet as a guest. How to make hacked door in RTC? I tried to use option 'hacked' but it seems it doesn't work. Any help?

PS: Sorry for my English. :>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The hacked door is actually a different door type - so you need to change say door_portcullus to door_portcullus_broken

A hackable door used the option' STRENGTH=(BASH:0,FIRE:100)' to show lack of immunity to chopping
Da_Ruby
Novice

Post by Da_Ruby »

Umm yeah but the broken door dont actually let yolu walk through them.... (or at least i think i need to check another dungeon to see if there is an already bashed door....)

They act like a normal dooir, you can see through them but not walk through them :O

(or am i being an idiot)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Edit the door and select the 'hacked' raido button. All doors are 'closed' by default, even the hacked ones.

Probably a good feature request: GG -- can you make broken doors automatically hacked when placed in the editor?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

They are aren't they? the Door_portcullis_broken etc placement...
Szopen
Novice

Post by Szopen »

I am using the radio button 'hacked'. But the state of door doesn't seem to change. After operation, door remain closed or opened. If closed, they don't let you go through them. The look is ok. When opened, they allow you to pass but the look is wrong. They look like normal opened door. There's no for example shattered wooden remains along doorframe. And I'm using RTC 0.34. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Szopen on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, that's weird - there seems to be somehting missing. As you say, a 'hacked' door behaves like a closed door, and if you put 'state=(open) the it looks like an open door!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ah, that's your problem, v034 has a bug on that screen: setting hacked doesn't get saved properly.

You can edit the text file manually if you find the code for your door and change it, like this.

Code: Select all

ref000805-2	DOOR_BLACK_BROKEN    5    8    0    STATE=(HACKED)
This bug is fixed in the v035 editor...
Szopen
Novice

Post by Szopen »

A, yes. I've just tried Gambit's 'straight-in-code' modification and it works. Thanks a lot! :>
Da_Ruby
Novice

Post by Da_Ruby »

ah cool, easily fixed then :) Thanks Gambit
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

As Gambit mentioned this is something i've already fixed in V0.35 (can't find the post immediately, but it was fixed as part of another issue) - for now just change the txt file directly.

Unfortunately I can't make "hacked" the default state for hacked doors in the editor. This is because the only thing that makes a hacked door hacked, is the "hacked" state! Other than the state, as far as the engine is concerned there is no difference whatsover between doors...