adding other characters in mirrors in rtc other than zed

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

adding other characters in mirrors in rtc other than zed

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

RTC rocks! how can i add a character and mirror in rtc? i can't seem to make a new character appear in a mirror.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

You first add the mirror. Then I believe you edit the mirror to contain the character - right-click the wall square with the mirror on it, select "Edit", then choose to edit the mirror and you should be able to set it to contain a character.
Of course, I haven't done any editing since some time last year, but I'm pretty sure that's how you do it :).
Expert

Post by Daecon »

If all the characters are already in use in the game, you have to make a new one first! You can't use the same character twice...

When you select a Wall Object: Mirror, it should automatically give you the option of which character to incarnate in it, providing you have a spare character that isn't currently in use within the game.

Does that help? :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

And if youw ant to add a character to the game then you go to one of the menus along the top (I can't emember which one) and there should be an option something like "Add/Remove Characters". Then you can add characters to that dungeon for putting in mirrors. If you add a character but don't then put them in a mirror, you'll get a Warning about it when you compile the dungeon.
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thank you greatly for your immediate reply. I figured it out. i was failing to add the characters to the txt file properlly, i had word wrap on , stupid me. I can't believe that i've got a chance to make a DM game:)
I'll be here alot, loads of things to learn...truly awesome place 8-)