importing bmps in RTC

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
bitza
Apprentice

importing bmps in RTC

Post by bitza »

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but i haven't found it yet, so apologies for asking again...

I have converted some bitmaps using ADGE and paint to replace the creature graphic. I have been trying to create a new dungeon in RTc as RTC has a couple of things I want to use in the dungeon and seems to do them fairly easily. Unfortunately, when i try andload the bmps for the mosters in (by clickig in the monster box on the add BMP button, It doesn't seem to work, and actsas if I haven't imported anything. Is this because of ADGE, or am I doing something really silly (most likely the latter, knowing me :D)?

thanks

Bitza
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

You'll have to explain a bit more clearly what you're trying to do, but keep in mind the menu where you actually load bitmaps is different from the place where you assign the bitmaps to a monster.

You probably haven't gotten here yet, but keep in mind that RTC blows everything up 200%, so if you're using images from CSB, you'll probably have to scale your images for them to look right with the rest of the game.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Also offsets, when you assign the images, are important - if you just have 0,0 and don't compare the value to old images, then the engine could draw your imagine completely off screen
bitza
Apprentice

Post by bitza »

Ok, thanks for the info guys. I'm thinking I might have a break from it and go back to csbwin editor and then teach myself RTC editing a bit later. I think my brains a bit fuzzy at the moment. All this sunshine and flash flooding in UK addling my brain... ;)