Editor: Terms.

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Paradak
Novice

Editor: Terms.

Post by Paradak »

in the editor, it is not clear wether activate/deactivate mean opened/sloed or closed/opened.

I know that those used to the editor do not see this, but I find it confusing. The state should be clear. At the very least, everywhere the words active/inactive should be used instead of open/close AND ALSO the words (opened) (closed) should be appended in parenthesises right after their true state values (active/inactive). This way there wouldn't be any confusion possible.
---
L'imagination, c'est la mémoire du possible.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Internally, the game uses a single boolean field for the state of every single item (i.e. it's either visible or invisible).

The use of any "english" text to represent these is purely for human interpretation (for example, whilst the state of a "visible" door or pit is obvious, it's not so obvious what a "visible" invisible wall is) specifically to avoid any confusion!

I'll have another look through to see what can be made clearer though. Any more suggestions for specific objects to look at?